Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #2626
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janaboy View Post
Dear All!

Please help me, i have the new 69$ Kindle 4 (non touch) and installed the JB and SS hack what NiLuJe wrote before..
- - - -
The second, and the most important for me, that my mother use wanna use the Kindle and she not really not the english language..can be possible make the language? I make the translate, but i don't know, where can i find the language files..and if i good know, right now i cannot ssh into this version...

Thank you for your answers!
Janaboy
Which language?

It may be as simple as just selecting it. The Kindles are localized.

You might want to follow the discussion here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...72#post2237972
Which seems to be a similar problem report.

Last edited by knc1; 09-26-2012 at 02:16 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #2627
Janaboy
Janaboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (New 2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which language?

It may be as simple as just selecting it. The Kindles are localized.

You might want to follow the discussion here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...72#post2237972
Which seems to be a similar problem report.
Thanks your answer! I'm looking for Hungarian language!
Janaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #2628
Janaboy
Janaboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (New 2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
We do not recommend removing Special Offers without paying amazon to do that for you. You can, but that is your own personal choice. If you choose to do it anyway, there are threads that tell how to remove Special Offers, but you need some technical skill to do that. You may find what you seek in the K4 hacking wiki. Look in the master index / K4 index.
Thanks both of you the answers! I did not know, that these ss hack just for non-special offer users, maybe my bad that not read it!
Actually this offers don't care to much..the first priority for me to make somehow hungarian language
Janaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #2629
Syst3mX
Syst3mX began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Someone please help me with this! I've made this hack a year ago and it's working fine.. now i want to make the hack what is in this topic, but it is doesn't work, only the old hack. How can i reverse the old hack and install the ss hack? o_O
Syst3mX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #2630
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3mX View Post
Someone please help me with this! I've made this hack a year ago and it's working fine.. now i want to make the hack what is in this topic, but it is doesn't work, only the old hack. How can i reverse the old hack and install the ss hack? o_O
You just have to reverse the process of renaming (mv to new name) after deleting the new link you created.

The process is indexed in our index system but I will save you the clicks (may bill you for them anyway of course):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89&postcount=9
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #2631
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
So I have a K2i but wanted to replace the main font with the latest-and-greatest 5.40 generation from the k3+ updates.

Steps: Installed font hack.

Copied in fonts using these naming conventions.
(old) Helvetica* -> Sans*
(new) Caecilia_LT (not Cond) -> Serif*
(old) Kindle_Blackbox* -> Mono*

Restart. Success, I'm now on the latest version. Not that I can tell any real difference.
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #2632
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello!

K4 is not localized to Hungarian as I know. If you have any question, would be easier for you in my Hungarian blog.
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #2633
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
After installing Kindle 3.4 (more than a week ago), my Kindle has become very sluggish. There is sometimes big lag between pushing a page turn button and the actual page turn, and even moving the cursor takes much more time. I do not have more than 50 books on my device, and I have verified indexing. After installing 3.4 I updated NiLuJe's jailbreak and font and screensaver hacks. I can't imagine that those things could have any affect on processor speed. I do have a launchpad and kindlepdfviewer installed. Also, I don't see how these could slow anything down.

I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I found it on the Amazon.com Kindle blog. I'm just checking to see if any of the hacks here could affect the new firmware.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #2634
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Sometimes stuff is slow for me, but that only happened when i replaced all the menu fonts and some book fonts with SourceSans Pro. Have you changed the fonts in linkfonts/fonts ?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #2635
knc1
Going Viral

Take them all out, then report back on if it made a difference.
If it did, put them back in, one at a time (with never changing the books on the kindle).
Old 09-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #2636
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Sometimes stuff is slow for me, but that only happened when i replaced all the menu fonts and some book fonts with SourceSans Pro. Have you changed the fonts in linkfonts/fonts ?
Yes. I have Georgia 2 fonts. I really like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Take them all out, then report back on if it made a difference.
If it did, put them back in, one at a time (with never changing the books on the kindle).
Yeah, I guess I should do that. Thanks. I'll do it this evening and report back.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #2637
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@montalex: Theoretically, yes, the fonts hack might be causing some slowdowns (as well as possibly some speedups, it goes both ways ).

Try using another font, and/or switching to one of the FT overrides if it's not already the case (bci & bci_new being the one closer to the default FW 3.x rendering).

FWIW, I'm not seeing anything overly awful on my own device (and it's sitting at > 1k2 items, with at least a third of that being collections), but then I'm mostly using my Touch these days, so YMMV .

You might also want to take a look at top/htop over SSH, see if something's not stuck on a loop in the background.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-28-2012 at 05:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #2638
sgs
sgs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Hey, I put the font hack on my K4, but I want it to use the font Dyslexie, just in the book-reading part (at the least and most importantly there)
How do I make it so the device will use it? I have this font and use it on my computer a lot. Sorry if dumb.
sgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #2639
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Look at posts 2 and 3 in this thread, that should help you.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #2640
montalex
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@montalex: Theoretically, yes, the fonts hack might be causing some slowdowns (as well as possibly some speedups, it goes both ways ).

Try using another font, and/or switching to one of the FT overrides if it's not already the case (bci & bci_new being the one closer to the default FW 3.x rendering).

FWIW, I'm not seeing anything overly awful on my own device (and it's sitting at > 1k2 items, with at least a third of that being collections), but then I'm mostly using my Touch these days, so YMMV .

You might also want to take a look at top/htop over SSH, see if something's not stuck on a loop in the background.
Well, the slowness has nothing to do with any hacks or fonts. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, including launchpad and kindlepdfreader. No change. Still a bit laggy.

Really, it is minor. I can live with it to get to read AZW3 with page numbers, etc.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet