Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hey he said he didn't like registration, I was pointing him toward something that helps him get rid of the need for site-specific registration. Purely out of the goodness of my heart, since I don't plan on using the mobileread dev hub (I think it's a great idea, it's just that I have my own trac server :-)
I never for even an instant imagined that you meant it any other way, kovidgoyal, not even a little bit -- I'm just more antsy for some of the other things on Alex's Brobdingnagian "to do" list.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
While your registered account works for all tracs, when you login, your login won't carry over. It's session-related. If this is a big problem, I may look into it and see if it's possible without too much modification to carry over sessions in tracs.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #18
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hey he said he didn't like registration, I was pointing him toward something that helps him get rid of the need for site-specific registration. Purely out of the goodness of my heart, since I don't plan on using the mobileread dev hub (I think it's a great idea, it's just that I have my own trac server :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I never for even an instant imagined that you meant it any other way, kovidgoyal, not even a little bit -- I'm just more antsy for some of the other things on Alex's Brobdingnagian "to do" list.
You guys are hillarious!

Excellent addition, btw.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
While your registered account works for all tracs, when you login, your login won't carry over. It's session-related. If this is a big problem, I may look into it and see if it's possible without too much modification to carry over sessions in tracs.
Am I really quoting myself? Oops... Well, after a quick look it seems rather easy to fix. Trac uses Paths with Cookies for storing login credentials; it should be possible to remove the path or to set it to / to make it domain-wide. Will check tomorrow!

Update: Trac is also storing session parameters in its database. Since every project uses an isolated Trac with its own database, it won't be possible to simply carry over a session.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
You guys are hillarious!
It's always nice to have an appreciative audience -- besides, kovidgoyal is so good at playing the "straight-man" to my "screwball-comic."
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #21
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
If I want to upload a source release and binaries how do I do it? Which address was it (I cannot find the description of this...) and how do I do it from a Makefile?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maye lftp can solve my problems if I just can send a file. I tried:
Code:
226 Directory send OK.
ftp> pwd
257 "/mobiperl"
ftp> send /home/tompe/thesis-20071016.pdf
local: /home/tompe/thesis-20071016.pdf remote: /home/tompe/thesis-20071016.pdf
227 Entering Passive Mode (78,47,169,178,255,250)
553 Could not create file.
I tried non passive mode also.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Tom, when you created your new project, you should have received some instruction. For uploading sources it's best to use subversion. You can find some quick info on subversion here:

http://blogs.tech-recipes.com/johnny...ick-reference/

All the projects hosted at the Hub have their subversion repositories located here (as a subdirectory):

https://dev.mobileread.com/svn/

If you want to upload binaries via FTP, you can login with your credentials at:

ftp://dev.mobileread.com

Binaries you upload via FTP will be immediately available for everyone to download at in a subdirectory here:

https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/
Old 03-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Maye lftp can solve my problems if I just can send a file. I tried:.
Let me quickly check...
Old 03-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #25
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Tom, when you created your new project, you should have received some instruction. For uploading sources it's best to use subversion. You can find some quick info on subversion here:
Yes, I read it and then I lost the page and could not find it again...

Quote:
If you want to upload binaries via FTP, you can login with your credentials at:

ftp://dev.mobileread.com

Binaries you upload via FTP will be immediately available for everyone to download at in a subdirectory here:

https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/
That information was not given I think. Especially that the directory you log in to is the same as the one for the distribution.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Tom, you are trying to upload "/home/tompe/thesis-20071016.pdf" from your local machine to "/home/tompe/thesis-20071016.pdf" on the remote machine. See the problem? This cannot work as there is no /home/tompe/ directory on the remote site.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
That information was not given I think. Especially that the directory you log in to is the same as the one for the distribution.
It's on the main Wiki page of your newly created project. But you are right; it's probably a good idea to make a help page summarizing all the necessary services and their URLs, respectively.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #28
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Tom, you are trying to upload "/home/tompe/thesis-20071016.pdf" from your local machine to "/home/tompe/thesis-20071016.pdf" on the remote machine. See the problem? This cannot work as there is no /home/tompe/ directory on the remote site.
It was a long time since I used ftp... I got it to work.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

NP Glad you got it to work.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #30
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
.... it's best to use subversion. You can find some quick info on subversion here:
Being subversive is always the most fun.....

(sorry to intrude on a serious conversation
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, subversion, svn, trac, wiki