Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
carlyman
carlyman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
"Insert Metadata as Start Page" Error | Ticket #7238

Added a new bug: http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/7238

When enabling this option and and converting to MOBI (not sure if other formats are impacted), the tags metadata line is repeated -- but, on the second line, all commas are replaced with "ttt".

Checking the metadata.opf file shows no duplicate tags or "ttt" entries. See ticket page for examples.

Anyone else had this problem?
carlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It looks like some testing code got released sometime in mid-september. The person who put it there is an active developer, so I imagine it will get straightened out rather quickly.

Edit: I was wrong. That code is intended to be there. To quote the comment when the ticket was closed: "That is deliberate to allow searching for tags unambiguously on the kindle."

Last edited by chaley; 10-20-2010 at 09:44 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
carlyman
carlyman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
When viewing it on my Kindle 3, the extra line does not appear. However, on Kindle for PC, it does.

Don't use the PC version except to verify books when I edit, so I guess it won't bother me.

Thanks for the info!
carlyman is offline   Reply With Quote