Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
betctru
Kindle, Palm & iPod user
betctru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile New Kindle, Old Palm T/X Ebook Reader

Hi, I've just ordered a Kindle and have been reading ebooks on my Palm TX for about a year now. Hoping to get great tips for converting books and for using both devices; just found your forum!
betctru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi betctru and welcome to the Forum

Big mistake ordering that kindle! You're just going to get more addicted to eBooks...just like the rest of us
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
But you have INDEED come to the right place!! I come from the same background -- Palm unit (varying versions) for 10 years, and now I've switched to a Kindle.

Enjoy the site, and ask questions when you need to. We try to be very helpful.

P.S. "Mobipocket" format books will work on the Kindle. See the "e-books" section of this forum. Lots of (older) books you can download and read.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
betctru
Kindle, Palm & iPod user
betctru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
already addicted, and that was just on the Palm! have about 30 books I carry around with me all the time. Kindle arriving Wednesday, can't wait!
betctru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello betctru
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
EricWiz
EricWiz has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: prs-505
Welcome! I'm a TX'er myself and also hooked.

Enjoy the Kindle!

Eric
EricWiz is offline   Reply With Quote