Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
sidshapiro
sidshapiro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle + blackberry
changing default conversion rules for a device

Hello,
I'd like to reset the conversion default rule for a specific device.

When I send to my device, a blackberry curve running the mobipocketreader software, callibre wants to convert to (or send) the .mobi file. I would rather have it convert to and send .pdb files (they work better for me). I can't see how to do that, so I "manually" tell callibre to convert to pdb, then "manually" copy the files from windows explorer from the callibre/pc location to the blackberry e-book folder.

Is it possible to reset the default conversion type for a specific device so I can just use the send-to-device and hav it convert the way I want?

Thanks,
/ Sid /
sidshapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You should configure the device interface plugin for your device. You can set the list of format(s) that are allowed for that device type. If when you try and send the book to the device from Calibre there is not already a book in a supported format, then Calibre will try and convert to the one that is at the top of the list for the device type.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blackberry, conversion