Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #286
dirgeon
dirgeon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi vlad59,

I think my previous request may have been lost in the bustle for your last release ;-)

Anyway, here's wishing that the search also looks at the Series name... hope you can accommodate it. Thanks!
dirgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #287
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

Don't worry I did not forget it (see https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/34).

Now, I can't really say when I'll do it (I'm more interested in finishing facets / epub metadata update).
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #288
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

SPK available

You've been waiting for it and it's finally out !

COPS's SPK is available through SynoCommunity.

If you don't want to install the repository then the SPK is available here : http://packages.synocommunity.com/co...ch_0.3.1-1.spk

As I already told : if other NAS owners want to create a package : I won't be able to create it but I'll try to help !

Last edited by vlad59; 02-02-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #289
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Some bug finding....

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the SPK. I'll try it any time soon. I guess that trying out is quite harmless as long as my original config_local.php is preserved?

By the way, did some further testing:
1) Changed your suggested .container width in Style.css to 85%

Quote:
.container
{
margin:auto;
width:85%;
max-width:800px;
}
This works for all pages, except for the contents of the Summary in the book detail view. This text still runs outside the page width. See following example:

P.S. This screendump was made with the PRS-T1. Apparently the renderer renders the whole 'screen' in the shown image. In reality the screen only shows half of the grey area next to the black header box. The rest must be "swiped" into focus.

2) Changed $config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "0"; in Config local to "1"

This results in both Calibre and PRS-T1 not being able to display epubs downloaded on eReader or through webbrowser on my PC. Calibre shows the error below. Reverting back to "0" will fix the epub (but obviously omits the updated metadata)

3) Sorting of book titles through the dropdown box is impossible on PRS-T1. The dropdown box that shows when pushing on the gear does not want to disappear once it is shown. I guess it is a rendering problem of the browser included on the eReader.

Would be nice to have a solution for this, but it is not high on the wish list ;-)

Other 'wish list' feature:
- possibility to access other databases. I currently have a dutch and english database. I currently solved it by making separate instances in the web folder i.e.:

/web/calibre_dutch/
/web/calibre_english/

Would be nice to switch from within 1 instance of the COPS server. Again: not high on the prio list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1360006126483.jpg
Views:	1122
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	100687   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPS - Metadata error.png
Views:	1116
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	100688  

Last edited by Northguy; 02-04-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Embedded pictures on Mobileread server
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #290
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northguy View Post

Other 'wish list' feature:
- possibility to access other databases. I currently have a dutch and english database. I currently solved it by making separate instances in the web folder i.e.:

/web/calibre_dutch/
/web/calibre_english/

Would be nice to switch from within 1 instance of the COPS server. Again: not high on the prio list.
+1

It's a feature I would like as well.
- Calibe_english
- Calibre_dutch
- Calibre_SF
- Calibre_non-fiction

A possibility to choose between all these e-Book-databases n COPS would be highly appreciated.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #291
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Multiple databases

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
+1

It's a feature I would like as well.
- Calibe_english
- Calibre_dutch
- Calibre_SF
- Calibre_non-fiction

A possibility to choose between all these e-Book-databases n COPS would be highly appreciated.
I concur, this feature would greatly help, have now six cops databases, the above mentioned and German, Fantasy, ...

Frank
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #292
dirgeon
dirgeon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Just a report: Installed COPS on an HTC Desire V (Android 4.0.3) running Lighttpd (c/o Bit Web Server). Works great! .. Just needed to turn off STRICT error reporting in php.ini. Synced my library folder via the free "rsync backup for Android" app, btw.

Talk about a library in one's pocket heheh...

Now for iOS...
dirgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #293
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirgeon View Post

Now for iOS...
It seems to be possible if you jailbreak your iDevice.

I do not want to, so regrettably I have no experience to share about COPS on iPad/IPhone.

Anyone?

Last edited by mariosipad; 02-06-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #294
vlad59
Addict

@Northguy

1) About the CSS, I'll try that at home, I maybe forgot a thing when disabling Fancybox.

2) That's really strange. Can you send me by mail the original epub & the epub generated by COPS to see if I can see what's wrong. Thanks.

3) About the sorting : I'm thinking of removing the settings icon when I'll work on the search so it should get better.

@mariosipad & Northguy & maxjens

I have also french & english books but they are in the same catalog, I never thought of splitting them in 2 catalogs. Anyway I think it could be easy to support many Calibre database, I'll check that later (for now too much real life work).

@dirgeon

Great ! I never even thought about that
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #295
mariosipad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@mariosipad & Northguy & maxjens

I have also french & english books but they are in the same catalog, I never thought of splitting them in 2 catalogs. Anyway I think it could be easy to support many Calibre database, I'll check that later (for now too much real life work).
for this future feature of COPS. I would really appreciate it!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #296
vlad59
Addict

@Northguy

About your problem of book summary running outside the page. In addition to the CSS modification you already made, can you make this change to bookdetail.php and replace (near the end of the file) :

Code:
<div class="content" style="max-width:700px;"><?php echo $book->getComment (false) ?></div>
by :

Code:
<div class="content"><?php echo $book->getComment (false) ?></div>
I think that may be the problem.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #297
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
@Northguy

1) About the CSS, I'll try that at home, I maybe forgot a thing when disabling Fancybox.

After a lot of searching I ended up debugging by deleting more and more things related to "Width" until I noticed this. When min-width: 400px is deleted in .bookpopup the problem is solved.

Quote:
.bookpopup
{
min-width: 400px; <----- delete this line
color:black;
}

I cannot fathom why a min-widht would result in a width exceeding the page, but somehow it did. See attached file.

Quote:
@
2) That's really strange. Can you send me by mail the original epub & the epub generated by COPS to see if I can see what's wrong. Thanks.
I noticed that in the "modify metadata" case, the file name of the epub changes when downloading and that the file size changes from 1.29Mb to 27 bytes. Quite obvious that Calibre and PRS-T1 are not able to read that

Could this be a writing 'rights' issue on my Synology?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1360283451961.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	100875  

Last edited by Northguy; 02-07-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Found the solution for 1)
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #298
jbrnd
jbrnd began at the beginning.

Device: none
I got the caching problems solved (once again it was a web proxy acting up, you'd think I'd learn). Thank you for the help!
jbrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #299
Kevnancy
Kevnancy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi all,

I have a little problem with my Windows firewall (WHS 2011). If it's activated, I can't use COPS.

How can I set my firewall to allow COPS?
Kevnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #300
vlad59
Addict

@Northguy

About the CSS problem, it should be fixed with my latest commit on github (you can try it if you want).

About the metadata update, I don't have the same problem on my Nas, it's working fine. Have you tried many epubs ? If only some cause problem, can you send me one epub so that I can test myself.

@Kevnancy

I don't know IIS a lot but I guess the firewall exception should be automatic. Or you can try to add the TCP port 80 ou 443 if you're using HTTPS ....

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology