Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
aisushi
aisushi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question PW sorting help, please?

Total Kindle n00b alert!

After getting ahold of my friend's Kindle, I finally went and bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite (it was a hassle and a half, since they don't ship directly to my country ).

Anyway, when I first got it, it listed my books as: Collections first, then the unsorted books.

After jailbreaking it (using ixtab's jb) and using calibre to transfer the books, the sorting gig's all gone haywire. The only way I can see all my books is through: All items + Title sorting. If I change the second one to Author, only my collections will show up, alphabetically, but none of the other books.

I'm leaning towards calibre being the culprit, but I don't know how to get around it. I want my home page to go back to the way it was, with both collections and unsorted books showing up.

Aaand, I've had some minor but annoying problems with the paperwhite, but the sorting's my main beef at the moment. Help, please?

Thank you!
aisushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Go to the home page, tap the sort order item at the top right of the screen, and set the sort order to "Collections". That will show you first your collections, then all the books which are NOT in any collection.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
aisushi

That's the problem, using that method doesn't work anymore. Well, it did before, but choosing Collections now just show my collections, and none of the books not in any collection.

Just to be clear (because I'd hate for it to be simple and me just being stupid), the sort order you're talking about's the one with Recent, Title, Author, Collections as the choices?

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, that's the one. I've just tried it on my PW and it definitely shows me first my collections, and then the books which aren't in any collection.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Try restarting the Kindle with menu->settings, then menu->restart. If you installed nothing else after the Jailbreak, calibre has nothing to do with collections. Even if you installed the Collection Manager, you had to manually import calibre collection the first time by hand.

I suspect it is simply a indexing problem and a restart of Kindle should fix that (not only restart of framework, but a full restart).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
aisushi

I have tried restarting, several times to be sure. It didn't work. Sigh. Would resetting break the jb?

Thank you again for the help. ^_^
Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
aisushi

Sorry, I couldn't find an edit button on my last post.

Anyway, I searched around some more and found this post which I think solved my problem.

I've tested it out by deleting most of my books on Kindle but leaving a couple or so outside-of-collection books I knew were there before the problem occurred. Now when Collections is applied, all the collections followed by the books not in a collection are all showing up.

It appears one (or as I suspect, several) of the books I loaded is the culprit.

Anyway, thank you all for the replies.