Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #91
rzYrOk
rzYrOk began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by forko23 View Post
Thank you for the link. Well, I actually did have the same dingo file. But it is not working. It never installs but instead the update.zip file is getting deleted from the sdcard.
rzYrOk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #92
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
So I used clockwork mod to partition the sd card and it partitioned the sd card INSIDE My phone, not the external one that I inserted. Now my phone is basically wiped.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #93
Z36u86
Z36u86 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket edge
Thank you for the link. Well, I actually did have the same dingo file. But it is not working. It never installs but instead the update.zip file is getting deleted from the sdcard.
I unknowingly created two logins at the forum. Will ask the administrators to delete one.
Z36u86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #94
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghentj View Post
For those of you having a problem with the edge/pocket edge recognizing the partitioned SD card:
I could not ever get this working after trying many times, until I manually created this folder:
/data/sdext2

I also did mess with permissions (so I'll list them in case it was some kind of combination that fixed my problem)
for the link2sd to:
User RWX
Group R-X
Other ---

and changed the external/internal modified vold files to
RW-R--R--

Hope that helps anyone having the same problems/frustration I did.

It was located somewhere in here: http://tipstir.the-talk.net/t2993-li...roid-21-eclair on post from emmerick.
Thank you, this fixed my issue
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #95
hector_joni
hector_joni began at the beginning.

Device: pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by immjg View Post
Didn't work for me. Can't seem to get it to mount both partitions. Get message that card is blank and it wants to re-format.
I can just only remarkably confirm this. I tried the steps with my pocket uncountable times two nights in the row; at first I thought the partition was the problem, then the permissions, and then the order of the executing steps. Then I tried the steps on the pocket of my friend, who hadnt have move the library (settings/storage device manager) into the SD-card and it worked perfectly. So I had to golden update my PE (The Problem has something to do with the install recovery file. I needed some how another specifications. Too complicated for me, anyway...)

By the way, I had the oportunity to check at the permissions before changing the files.
In my friends pocket the first two files had all the permissions on and the recovery file had:
xxx
x0x
x0x
Any file you copy from the computer to the edge will have the permissions of the owner automatically off.

Thank you guys very much for this tremendous teamwork and selfness!
Greetings from germany
hector_joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #96
ghentj
ghentj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Glad to hear you all got it working!
ghentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #97
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Has anyone else noticed that you sometimes loose the application? What I mean is that either the application gets uninstalled somehow or gets removed from the application list. When I re-install I get the message saying it will keep my existing data (proof that it was currently installed). Then sometimes the apps just re-appear.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:01 AM   #98
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
It seems that the latest version of link2sd does not create this install-recovery file. I tried copying it and it is just being ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
I attached the three files that you need to modify. However, your problem sounds related to how you partitioned the sdcard. You MUST partition your sdcard into two parts in order for Link2SD to work. How did you go about doing this?

Also, are you using the latest version of Link2SD? Go into the program, hit menu, go to settings, and select "about." You should see "version 1.6.2." If you have an earlier version, it might only work with ext2 partitions. The newer one is more versatile and allows ext2, ext3, ext4, and fat32 support.

Finally, do you have the EXACT error message?

Hope this helps!
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #99
hector_joni

I wanted to confirm, that if some of you are having problem with some apps, that arent getting installed; try removing the sd-card and then try installing the app. I have now the last version of aldiko 2.0.2 working fine!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #100
ghentj

hector_joni, are you saying that after you do the link2sd setup and then have an app fail to install because of some sd-card related message, then it may work if we remove the card?

I have some apps that complain about not being able to install to the sd-card...
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #101
jfgirl
jfgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Question:

Will this work if you don't root the PE and use the programs from the "Ermine + Market = Allmine" section of the forum?
jfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #102
hector_joni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghentj View Post
hector_joni, are you saying that after you do the link2sd setup and then have an app fail to install because of some sd-card related message, then it may work if we remove the card?
I have some apps that complain about not being able to install to the sd-card...
I dont actually know for what reason aldiko was failing to get installed. I suposse, it was sd-card related. But yes I installed Ermine 1.02, did lin2sd setup and the installed aldiko. Another app that just could get installed by unmountig the s-card was SVOX german voice. Give it try and post back if it works!

This is not actually my idea, I think I read it somewhere here (Ive read to many stuff, to remember).
Old 10-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #103
elpegues
elpegues began at the beginning.

Device: PE with Ermie + Allmine
Anyone have time to youtube this process or do this process "for dummies" in a very simple step by step way? The directions and possible glitches seem very difficult and I am so so lost. Especially the part in which I need to use Root Explorer to change file names or copy and paste text. I have a 16 gig sd card and I am almost out of room on my PE. I also read another method that only involves changing text commands in Root Explorer. Not sure the simplest way to get this done, I thank you so much for any help you can give me.
elpegues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #104
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi elpegues

I don't have answers for you, but one of these days I will need those same answers myself, so thought I'd bump the thread.

Welcome to MobileRead -- or to posting here, anyway!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #105
ghentj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfgirl View Post
Question:

Will this work if you don't root the PE and use the programs from the "Ermine + Market = Allmine" section of the forum?
I'm pretty sure you need to have a rooted device to do this becuase it involves changing system files for the sdcard mounting (at least for using link2sd app).