Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #46
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I will third The Haunting of Hill House.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condillac View Post
I'll second Psycho....
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #48
Condillac
Condillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3
WTSharpe, Im voting for this one (i don't think its horror but since It was there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post

My second nomination ist "Psycho" by Robert Bloch.
Condillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #49
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'll second A Dark Matter.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condillac View Post
WTSharpe, Im voting for this one (i don't think its horror but since It was there)
Thanks. I missed that one.

Watch me, folks! If you don't see your vote recorded on the 2nd post, let me know!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #51
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

NOTICE!

Ghost Story by Peter Straub has been nominated, seconded, and thirded, but unless someone provides a link to an ebook, it won't be in the running.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #52
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
Nevermind. Not an ebook.

Last edited by Gronk; 09-21-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Nevermind. Not an ebook.
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #53
Spacechik
Enthusiast
Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3g WiFi
I'll third The Great and Secret Show.
Spacechik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #54
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post
Also I would like to nominate "Rosemary's Baby" by Ira Levin.
Here's my third vote: I second this one!

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #55
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Are you saying you second Frankenstein or are you saying you don't think it's horror?
Sorry, did't see your post.
I'm seconding Frankenstein and Storm Front, and I don't think the latter (Storm Front) is an horror novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer
If you don't think it's horror, then why are you seconding it for the horror month?
Because I'd like to discuss it with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace
i think that your 'does not qualify exactly' statement is pointing out a fallacy (can't think of a better word right now) in our human need to classify things. taken on its prime elments, the dresden files series of novels can be easily classified in crime, mystery, fantasy, horror and even romance (well, not so much).
I was talking about the first novel, not the whole series (I'm on the 11th in a row, BTW...).
There are certainly some classic horror elements, but IMHO, the main purpose of the book is not to "chill and thrill", ina "horror labeled" kind of way...
But, hey: let's vote for it and discuss it! I'm sure it's worth it!

The entire "labeling" theme is a good topic...
For example: Shakespeare's Hamlet, with its ghost haunted castle, would qualify in this month's list?
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #56
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'll Second Anno Dracula.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #57
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
This doesn't appear to be available as an ebook.
Woops! Too bad, I'd never heard of it before but it caught my attention in a "best of horror" list I was looking at and it sounded pretty interesting. Now I'll have to figure out how to use my last vote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
Because I'd like to discuss it with you.

Touché!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #58
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I started an all things Dresden thread, a few days ago, here in the RR section, for those of you who are interested.

Unfortunately, I can not figure out how to link to it using my phone...but I just posted to it so it should be towards the top of the list.

Hope to see you there.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
All we need are two more nods to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to get it to the vote. I know you can do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
And as you can see from my signature I'm reading the sequel. Unfortunately, I had to buy a used paperback. I also want to read the third sequel Dracula Cha Cha Cha which moves the story to 1959.
But the original is a self-contained novel so the sequels aren't necessary to the story.
Please let's not vote in another eBook in a series where the series in incomplete as eBooks. Anno Dracula is out as an eBook, but #2 & #3 are not. This is not good. If we then want to continue the series, we have to go pBook without a choice. Please can you withdraw the original nomination?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book club, horror, october 2011