Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
Couple Iliad questions

Hi all, it seems that this forum is all DR800 now, but I've got a second hand iliad I want some help with.

First, I'm affected by the page jumping bug, is there anything I can do about this?

Second: Also related, when reading comics, it's typical for it to spit me out to the index at the back of the book. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? All conversions by calibre.

Third: I'm having trouble mounting it under linux, I had the internal memory show up in calibre once, and after that I've been getting error messages. I do think this is the linux parts problem, but I thought I'd share it as well, just in case someone has a solution.

Thanks all
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by klikklak View Post
Hi all, it seems that this forum is all DR800 now, but I've got a second hand iliad I want some help with.
Tell me about it. I don't think I've seen anybody that says they like the new forum organization for the iRex devices.

Quote:
First, I'm affected by the page jumping bug, is there anything I can do about this?
You're talking about the random 5 page jump, I assume? There are two solutions to this. iRex has a patch that you can request that disables the "long" jump so that the bar will only move you 1 page at a time. My understanding is that if you install iRex's patch, you can not uninstall it later.

There was also a community effort to patch the PDF viewer to disable the long jump as well. I don't know if it was completed or was still being tested. You might look through older topics in the iLiad developer threads and see if there is something in there talking about it, and possibly some install files.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was talking about the 5 page jump. It happens, but isn't that bad to be disastrous, I'll take a look under development forums later.

But the comics bug is _highly_ annoying, when I read mobis of comics I often get only a few pages forward before it throws me to the TOC at the end. It's completely horrible. I've been meaning to try to use calibre to convert to pdfs instead of mobis to see if that solves it (and it should since pdfs seem to work without this), but I'm running in to some distro specific problems. And JE-comics is just rubbish, so I can't even use that
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote