Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
daviesgeek
Geek
daviesgeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-fi
Need help installing Luigi's Standalone Terminal

I am installing Luigi's Standalone Terminal per these instructions, however, I got to step 6, (telneting to the Kindle) and I can't seem to get past that. When I try to telnet to the Kindle, Terminal tells me the connection is refused and I can't connect. Please help!
daviesgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Did you do it on a Mac? Did you have something like the dialog presented in step 5? If you're on Windows, is there some indication that a network device for the USB-connected Kindle is present?

This is a Kindle 3, right? The other steps succeeded?
You didn't touch the USB networking config files yet, right?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
daviesgeek
Geek

I am on OS X. Yes, I did get a network device notification. It's a Kindle 3, and all the steps up to that point worked. No, I didn't touch the USB network config files.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, hm, strange. I guess someone with more experience on Mac OS would have to jump into this discussion, I can't help much further from here. I was merely asking some basics and since the notification appears, the switch-over to network device mode works. So it should not be a problem on the Kindle. I don't know Mac OS enough to help you with doing firewall settings or similar, I guess something like that will break things.

A thing I did not ask yet: The addresses do not conflict with your (W-)LAN, don't they? I.e. the subnet 192.168.2.0/24 is reserved for the USB connection alone?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:43 AM   #5
daviesgeek
Geek

In response to your question, I actually don't know. I'm not too good with networking. How would I check?
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
hawhill
Wizard

hm, someone with Mac OS expertise might help here?
Old 09-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
higher_ground
higher_ground began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 WiFi
Did you edit the RDNIS interface to assign the IP address used by usbNetworking (192.168.2.2 by default)? This is done in Network Preferences.
higher_ground is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, terminal