Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #91
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Morgan, have you read all the old Kathleen Woodiwiss? (Not the last one). Shana, Ashes in the Wind, the Flame and the Flower, the Wolf and the Dove.....

Laurie McBain was awesome...

The first 4 Lisa Kleypas books....Where Passion Leads, Love Come to Me, Forever My Love, Give Me Tonight

The original Johanna Lindsey books....from the 70s and 80s

Last edited by booklover6; 01-05-2014 at 08:23 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #92
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I'm not a big romance reader, but Ashes In The Wind is probably my favorite. I first read it as a teenager, and have re-read it a few times over the years. I still have the original book sitting on my book shelf. That is saying something coming from someone who reads maybe one romance a year!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #93
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Hope I'm doing this right, never posted a free book before!
http://www.amazon.com/Champagne-Lemo...fiction+kindle
Champagne and Lemon Drops: A Blueberry Springs Chick Lit Contemporary Romance [Kindle Edition]
Quote:
Publication Date: November 14, 2013
One woman. Two men. One meddling small town.

Raised by her older sister in the small town of Blueberry Springs, all Beth Wilkinson wants is to create a family so big she’ll never be alone. Things are going great until her accountant fiancé, Oz, experiences a family trauma, forcing him to rethink everything from his own career to their nuptial plans—leaving Beth alone.

As Beth works to rediscover her former bold and independent self in hopes of reattracting Oz, she catches the eye of the charming new city doctor, Nash. Not only does he see her as she’d like to be seen, but he knows exactly what he wants from life—and that includes Beth.

Torn between the two men, as well as two versions of herself, Beth discovers that love and dreams are much more complicated than they seem.

A chick lit contemporary romance that will appeal to fans of Jennifer Weiner, Jane Green, and Meg Cabot, and will have readers wondering who the heck Beth should choose.
***Recently updated.
The Blueberry Springs Series:
Champagne and Lemon Drops (Book 1)
Whiskey and Gumdrops (Book 2)
Rum and Raindrops (Book 3 ~ Coming Spring 2014!)
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #94
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I was very good this week. I only purchased one book. There were more new releases I could have gotten, but promised myself I would try to read books already in my TBR pile for before buying more. We'll see how long that lasts

Read:
  • This Winter Heart by PG Forte (B+/4 stars)
  • 'Tis the Season to Kiss Santa by Kate Hardy (D/1 star)
  • 'Tis the Season to Be Kissed by Amy Andrews (C+/3 stars)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Tempted by Aimee Carson (C/2 stars)
  • Hope Smolders (Hope #.5) by Jaci Burton (B/4 stars)
  • Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism #4) by Jill Shalvis (B-/3 stars)
  • Heart of the Storm by Shannon Stacey (B/4 stars)
  • Seeing Red by Jennifer Greene (B/4 stars)
  • Plus One by Brighton Walsh (C/2 stars)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-5.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	117615  

Last edited by library addict; 01-26-2014 at 06:05 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #95
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Thanks SilverRaven!
Champagne and Lemon Drops looks to be free everywhere else too.
(kobo, b&N, ibooks)
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #96
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I stayed close to budget this week, spent $17 for 16 books [all but 2 were on my wishlist]

Name:	2014 01 05.PNG
Views:	305
Size:	996.4 KB
ID:	117617

Books Read this week and my rating:
Tough Luck – C.M. Stunich = 3
Masters at Arms – Kallypso Masters = 2, DNF [not for me]
Take Me On – Cherrie Lynn = 3
Against the Ropes - Sarah Castille = 4
Heaven’s Sinners – Bella Jewel = 3.5
Reckless – Skye Jordan = 2.5

I've added quite a few books to my wish/watch list that were released from some of my 'auto-buy' authors so next week may not be good, depending on any sales or codes that may come along.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #97
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Guess what I bought last week? Nothing! And not for lack of looking. I saw a couple good deals pop up but I already owned all of them. Where's the fun in that?

Here's what I've read over the last 2 weeks:
  • Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers #1) - Sarah Morgan - 4
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane #4) - Elizabeth Hoyt - 4
  • Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River #14) - Robyn Carr - 3
  • The Do-Over - MK Schiller - 4
  • Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal (Duke's Obsession) - Grace Burrowes - 4
  • Angelic (WotO #9.3) - Kelley Armstrong - 3

Currently reading Did You Miss Me? - Karen Rose.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #98
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
These are my purchases for this week (I don't know the next one as tomorrow is the main day for giving presents in Spain, not Christmas Eve):

My readings have been:
  • Archangel's Legion - Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter #6): 4
  • Jailed - Viola Grace (Terran Times): 4
  • Lost Roar - Zenina Masters (Shifting Crossroads #12): 4
  • Bride of Midnight - Viola Grace (Sci-Fi Fairy Tales #20): 3
  • Rocky - Bianca D'Arc (Tales of the Were #3): 4
  • Slade - Bianca D'Arc (Tales of the Were #4): 4
  • Grif - Bianca D'Arc (Tales of the Were #5): 3
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre_20140105.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	117620  

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 01-05-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #99
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
@ Amazon

(this is the 2nd book in this series)

Rescue Team (Grace Medical)

Tired of running from her past, nurse Kate Callison intends to become Austin Grace Hospital’s permanent ER director and make Texas her home. Despite staff friction, she’s moving ahead. Then unthinkable tragedy wraps the ER in crime tape, bringing swarms of media, legal chaos—and a search-and-rescue hero who seems determined to meddle in her life.

For Wes Tanner, nothing beats finding someone who’s lost; he’s known that helpless terror firsthand. So he’ll expand his team’s lifeline of hope: K9 tracking, swift water rescue, even horse-mounted searches. He’s ready for anything—except Austin Grace’s prickly and dismissive ER director.

As Kate and Wes discover more about each other, new respect becomes something deeper. Kate wonders if her heart might have finally found a home. Then an unsolved missing persons case—and a startling new one—become catalysts that threaten the loss of all she and Wes have found.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #100
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Well no purchases to report for me either! Funny because I have some gc's waiting to be spent, but nothing is calling me right now...

No new reads finished either. Working on The Many Sins of Lord Cameron... love those kilt-clad MacKenzie men!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #101
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Terisa, what did you think of those 3 Bianca D'arc books? Particularly Grif. I liked Rocky, but hated Slade. So I've been afraid to read the next one.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #102
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I don't know. It's nearer to Slade, I think. And there's a whole chapter I've skipped because I don't like ménage. Why didn't you like Slade? Perhaps I can help you then. Anyway, Grif is the book I've liked less (I prefer a lot "Wolf Hills" and "Wolf Quest").
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #103
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
I too have a GC, but don't want to purchase any books until I get my TBR list organized but I bought an audiobook.

Fire and Ice....Anne Stuart.....So far I love the Narrator Xe Sands and the story.

Read

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage......Jennifer Ashley......4
Any Duchess Will Do.....Tessa Dare......3...........I usually like her books a lot.

Free

http://www.amazon.com/If-Aint-Love-T...dp/B005KV1EHW/

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-His-He...dp/B00AXHIDJK/

http://www.amazon.com/Lila-Ethan-For...dp/B00GG0H4PW/
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #104
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I don't know. It's nearer to Slade, I think. And there's a whole chapter I've skipped because I don't like ménage. Why didn't you like Slade? Perhaps I can help you then. Anyway, Grif is the book I've liked less (I prefer a lot "Wolf Hills" and "Wolf Quest").
Wolf Hills I gave 4 stars....haven't read the next one. The quality of her writing has gone down, to me.

Rocky, I gave 4 stars. Slade, 1 star. Here is what I wrote in my review: never mind I didn't even review it. My comments indicate I thought the woman was a complete idiot: at 30% - "Oh yes, we all know when we've only known someone a couple of hours, that we are in serious danger of losing out heart to him forever. Natch!"

and at 50% - "Have you ever been subjected to watching a Brady Bunch marathon?"

And I have become so sick of the way she gags readers with all the goddess stuff.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #105
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Morgan, have you read all the old Kathleen Woodiwiss? (Not the last one). Shana, Ashes in the Wind, the Flame and the Flower, the Wolf and the Dove.....

Laurie McBain was awesome...

The first 4 Lisa Kleypas books....Where Passion Leads, Love Come to Me, Forever My Love, Give Me Tonight

The original Johanna Lindsey books....from the 70s and 80s
I will check them out.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote