Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Nighthawk12
Nighthawk12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is there a way to change the pictures on the kindle 3

I would like to change the pictures on my kindle 3 that come on while its on sleep mode is there a way.

Thanks Nighthawk12
Nighthawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Welcome to MobileRead Nighthawk12! Yes, you can change those images and you can find the directions here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Welcome to MobileRead Nighthawk12! Yes, you can change those images and you can find the directions here.
This may have been discussed but I can't find it, but do you know if it's possible to delete the images you don't like from that linkss/screensavers folder and just leave the ones you want?

Might be a dumb question but there's only one of the default ones that I actually want to see all the time.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
This may have been discussed but I can't find it, but do you know if it's possible to delete the images you don't like from that linkss/screensavers folder and just leave the ones you want?

Might be a dumb question but there's only one of the default ones that I actually want to see all the time.
I believe all you have to do it delete the ones you don't want then restart the Kindle via Home > Menu > Settings > Menu > Restart. You would use the same procedure to add additional images to your screensavers folder.

I base my answer on NiLuJe's response here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I believe all you have to do it delete the ones you don't want then restart the Kindle via Home > Menu > Settings > Menu > Restart. You would use the same procedure to add additional images to your screensavers folder.

I base my answer on NiLuJe's response here.
Thank you so much. I'll try it.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And if you were talking about the *default* images, they're backed up in linkss/backups .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote