Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
alanjohngreen
alanjohngreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
ConvertLit Problems and Sony files

Finally got my Sony PRS-505 (I am in the UK) but I am having trouble getting ConvertLit to work on Microsoft Reader eBooks I have purchased online from Fictionwise.

It creates a folder full of files when I use it on a Microsoft Reader version of H G Well's Time Machine that I downloaded for free but this obviously has no protection.

Does anyone know where I can get more detailed information on using ConvertLit so I can investigate more deeply?

The problem is not too serious as Fictionwise actually do a lot of ebooks in multiformat and one of these is the Sony format.

Of course Sony could make everybodies life easier and sell outside of America.

First impressions of my PRS-505 are very positive.
alanjohngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's correct. If you use the command:

convertlit book.lit

it will "explode" book.lit into a folder containing the Open eBook source for that book; an XML "package" file called "book.opf", and a number of HTML source files.

If you want to use convertlit to simply remove DRM from a book, and generate another LIT file as its output, use the command:

convertlit book-with-drm.lit book-without-drm.lit

This will create "book-without-drm.lit" as its output rather than producing the OEB source.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
alanjohngreen
alanjohngreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's correct. If you use the command:

convertlit book.lit

it will "explode" book.lit into a folder containing the Open eBook source for that book; an XML "package" file called "book.opf", and a number of HTML source files.

If you want to use convertlit to simply remove DRM from a book, and generate another LIT file as its output, use the command:

convertlit book-with-drm.lit book-without-drm.lit

This will create "book-without-drm.lit" as its output rather than producing the OEB source.
Thanks for that Harry, I will give it a go.
alanjohngreen is offline   Reply With Quote