Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #46
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Will do! So far so good. working fine with libre office. And also new.27 version is working fine with AOO.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:32 AM   #47
circobarnum
circobarnum began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Hi, I know this is a longshot.
I used to use this extension a lot, but with one of latest updates it disappeared from Libreoffice. I tried to download it again, but only version I found is 1.1.10, but I had one of the latest, 1.1.26 or 1.1.28, I don't remember which one.
Original website is offline and I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help me?

PS version 1.1.10 is not working too, probably too old.
circobarnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2023, 10:13 AM   #48
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Currently LibreOffice has File > Export as Epub, so I don't think this extension is necessary anymore.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:15 PM   #49
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Currently LibreOffice has File > Export as Epub, so I don't think this extension is necessary anymore.
Has that improved? When I checked it earlier I found that the CSS was a mess.
arjaybe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 07:21 AM   #50
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
Sorry, I have no idea.
Advert
Old 11-12-2023, 07:02 AM   #51
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
Both "Writer2ePub" and "Export as Epub" are very poor compared to an extra Save As in Docx (only edit odt) and convert to epub in Calibre, which maps LO paragraph styles 1:1 to same CSS. Also makes a CSS for each image, which may need edited due to limitations of how you can do Image properties / styles in LO Writer.

Also don't use built-in Headings. Make your own styles with the desired headling level or else list formatting is added. A bug in LO somewhere, or how Calibre interprets the built in LO Writer heading styles "exported" as docx.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 09:28 AM   #52
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Both "Writer2ePub" and "Export as Epub" are very poor compared to an extra Save As in Docx (only edit odt) and convert to epub in Calibre, which maps LO paragraph styles 1:1 to same CSS. Also makes a CSS for each image, which may need edited due to limitations of how you can do Image properties / styles in LO Writer.

Also don't use built-in Headings. Make your own styles with the desired headling level or else list formatting is added. A bug in LO somewhere, or how Calibre interprets the built in LO Writer heading styles "exported" as docx.
I just converted an ODT to ePub in Calibre and it seems fine. I'll have to try converting to DOCx first when I get some time to see what the difference is.

I have been using Writer2ePub to export and then tidying it up in Calibre up until now.
arjaybe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 08:12 AM   #53
circobarnum
circobarnum began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
I was away for some day and I see your answer only now.

I tried Export as Epub and I found it very limited confronted to Writer2Epub.

I will try the save as docx suggestion, to see if it works for my needs, luckily I found an old user profile of my LibreOffice that was successful in restore my old settings, so I no longer need to download the oxt.

Thanks for the answers.
circobarnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:18 PM   #54
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
I found the same problem with the disappearance of Writer2epub extension and Writer's built-in export of epub not being very good, a couple of years or so ago. I had also found that I preferred working in Sigil to Calibre because Sigil gave me cleaner coding. So I was happy to find that Sigil had plugins that can import odt writer files or docx.

The ODTimport plugin preserves all my styles in the CSS once a fairly simple config document is set up.

Check out the Sigil forum and its plugin index. ODTimport is well documented there.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=203
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 07:12 PM   #55
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by philja View Post
I found the same problem with the disappearance of Writer2epub extension and Writer's built-in export of epub not being very good, a couple of years or so ago. I had also found that I preferred working in Sigil to Calibre because Sigil gave me cleaner coding. So I was happy to find that Sigil had plugins that can import odt writer files or docx.

The ODTimport plugin preserves all my styles in the CSS once a fairly simple config document is set up.

Check out the Sigil forum and its plugin index. ODTimport is well documented there.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=203
I concur with the above assessment and I can add a cherry on the cake: a new version of ODTImport (v.0.4.) is incoming and will probably be published before the end the year.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 12:09 PM   #56
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philja View Post
I found the same problem with the disappearance of Writer2epub extension and Writer's built-in export of epub not being very good, a couple of years or so ago.
The Writer2epub was poor compared to an extra Save As in Docx and convert in Calibre (better than odt import to Calibre which isn't maintained), or using Sigil.

But in any case correct use of styles in Word or LO Writer, rather than using it like a "glass typewriter", is the important thing. Then almost no editing is required in Sigil or Calibre, except maybe for some images.
Old 01-13-2024, 07:35 AM   #57
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
HI ALL!

I'm still alive, but the development of W2E is not...
The site W2E is dead, but I wish to distribute again latest version of W2E during this year.

Any help is appreciate

Se you soon!
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 08:29 AM   #58
pietvo
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
HI ALL!

I'm still alive, but the development of W2E is not...
The site W2E is dead, but I wish to distribute again latest version of W2E during this year.

Any help is appreciate

Se you soon!
I found a copy of version 1.1.28 here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20220820...riter2epub.oxt

I tried it on a Writer file with an image, but it crashed. Without the image it worked. This is on LibreOffice version 7.6.2.1.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:45 PM   #59
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

It's totally pointless.