Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #46
kelsoanim
kelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color and Motorola Xoom
I'd like to partake. PM'ing you now, rolalinii (I think that's the right guy to send to, the last few posts have confused me... :P).
kelsoanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #47
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
I picked this one up earlier in the thread but I've been wondering; this one came out two full weeks before April was even here. How early do these become available? Is May already available? What about June? The Baen web site already shows the bundles available through June but I'm not sure if you can purchase and download yet.

Anyone know?

- Byron

Straight from the Monthly Baen Bundle home page:

Quote:
Monthly Baen Bundles are a web based re-creation of the serialized novel using material published by Baen Books. Each ebook will be published in three segments, one month apart, beginning 3 months before the actual publication date. Each month at least 4 books will be available. The intent is to use all frontlist books for that month (i.e. those that have never been published by Baen before). If fewer than four books are published, or if one or more of them are unavailable, books from the backlist will be used.
For each month purchased, you will receive internet access to a directory containing at least four books.

Three months before publication subscribers receive the first half of all the books.
Two months before publication subscribers receive the third quarter of all the books.
One month before publication subscribers receive the last quarter, completing all the books.

About two weeks after the last quarter is delivered, bookstores around the country will begin to stock these titles.

Participating in Monthly Baen Bundles does not require a purchase of every month offered. Purchase of an individual month will deliver that month’s complete books whether or not other months are purchased.
So if you bought the May bundle at this moment, you would be able to download the first 3/4 of the new books and in around a month you would be able to access the full versions when they release. You can buy them at any point once they become available, you just won't be able to read the full versions of the books until one month before publication.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #48
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
So if you bought the May bundle at this moment, you would be able to download the first 3/4 of the new books and in around a month you would be able to access the full versions when they release. You can buy them at any point once they become available, you just won't be able to read the full versions of the books until one month before publication.
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me Ajax. I guess I should've looked around a little bit more. At least that explains the whole 1/2, 3/4 thing. I kept wondering, "Who the heck would want to buy only 3/4 of a book?!"

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #49
rolalinii
Ghost
rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rolalinii could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoanim View Post
I'd like to partake. PM'ing you now, rolalinii (I think that's the right guy to send to, the last few posts have confused me... :P).

ok recieved my copy and sent kelso his email with code
rolalinii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #50
kelsoanim
kelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to behold

Okay, got my code and ready for the next person in line.
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #51
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
I'm next I hope!
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #52
kelsoanim

daesdaemar - I sent you a PM, but in case you aren't checking, I need your email address that you want to use with Baen so I can have them send you the code (and so I can get my books ).
Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #53
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

OK, I am a noob at this. While I await my PM with code, could someone be kind enough to walk me through exactly what I need to do once I get it? I have looked through the Baen website and can't seem to find exactly where I process this???
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #54
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
OK, I am a noob at this. While I await my PM with code, could someone be kind enough to walk me through exactly what I need to do once I get it? I have looked through the Baen website and can't seem to find exactly where I process this???
plib did a nice writeup in the February thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plib
The process isn't too confusing but I know I had to work it out a little the first time, so in bullet form:
  1. You PM me requesting the code and including your email address. NOTE: This cannot be an email address already registered with a Baen account as the email used to generate the code has to be "new to Baen".
  2. If I have not yet used my code I enter your address on checkout as outlined below and you receive the new code in email. If I have previously used my code then I send you the new code from the copy email I received on checkout using a throwaway holding email, as specified in Step 9.
  3. I post on the main thread that you now have the code and are the current last-in-line for the next person to contact.
  4. Go to Baen. The code generated is a single use code, once used it cannot be reused, but it does not have to be used with an account registered to the "new" email address given to create the code. Therefore if you already have a Baen account you can use the code with your existing account. If you do not have an existing account then follow Step 7 after you have filled your shopping cart.
  5. Select the relevant monthly bundle for purchase. Then go to your shopping cart. Down the page under the cart is a box labelled "Coupon or Gift Card" - copy and paste the code into the box.
  6. Click the "Update Cart" button. That should change the purchase sub-total to zero. If it does then click the "Checkout Now" button.
  7. If you do not already have a Baen account you will have to use the "Register and Checkout" button. You will have to create a new account, entering the information as requested. Then proceed to complete the order.
  8. When the order is complete it will give you the option of inviting a friend and sending them a code.
  9. If you have the email of the next recipient then enter it here. If you do not have details for the next recipient then create and enter a throwaway email - you will get a copy of the invitation and code at the email you entered above to register and can use that to send it to the next recipient when one asks.
  10. It is crucial that you enter an email and generate a code, even if you don't have a valid email for the next recipient. Otherwise the chain will be broken! If necessary set up a one-time throwaway account on Yahoo or similar and use that. I think you must use a valid email address or it get kicked back as delivery failure notice. So do not use a work email address or spam filters may well eat it. If you use gmail check your spam folder.
  11. PM the next recipient with the code on request.
  12. Post in the main thread who the next recipient is, so that he can be contacted in turn.
  13. Return to step 1 (or actually step 4, I guess).
It looks a bit long and complicated like that, but it's pretty simple once you start doing the steps.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #55
manush
manush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with others

Device: nook color
I'd like to get in on this as well.
manush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #56
kelsoanim

K, got my books and sent the next code to daesdaemar.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #57
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
I would like to be included. I think I follow manush!
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #58
daesdaemar
Addict

OK, I got mine. manush, you're all set - you should get email soon!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #59
manush
manush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with othersmanush plays well with others

Device: nook color
Everything should be all set I received the email was able to get the bundle and have passed it on to Papi47.
manush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #60
daesdaemar
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by manush View Post
Everything should be all set I received the email was able to get the bundle and have passed it on to Papi47.
Amazing! It works!!!