Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
tomhilton2006
Tommyboy
tomhilton2006 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Tommyboy

I'm new to the ebook world, and am already frustraed in how these things are supposed to work. I'm getting "cannot open site," notices. can't download anything from this site, I am already registered, today, but still can't get it to download a single ebook. I jus bought a Sony PRS-505 and bought several books from books on board, bought six, three successfully downloaded. HELP ME!! Please.
tomhilton2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Tom!

I am sorry you are having difficulties with your reader. Have you checked into the Sony 505 forum to see if anyone else has posted similar problems to the ones that you are experiencing? Because I don't know the exact steps that you've taken or any error messages, I don't think I can help you. You will need to be careful that you are only purchasing books from BoB that are in the Sony lrf format. If they are not, that could be part of the problem.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to MobileRead, tomhilton2006!

If you're having problems with your 505, you might post the specifics of your problem to the Reader Troubleshooting subforum.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tomhilton2006 and welcome to MobileRead. Are you logging on behind a firewall? If so, that could be the cause of you problem. For example, I can't access and download books from the Sony Store when I'm logged on at work because of the firewall. But have to problem at home.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Also, make sure that you register your device wherever you shop. It has an ID all its own, and at some places, nothing will work for you without it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello tom, and Click image for larger version

Name:	charcoal.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	32247 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote