Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
No slip case for nook?

So, just to make sure....there is no slip case or cover of any sort with the nook? WOW! And if you want to buy one at the store and not online, then you have to pay $30 for one? Double rip-off!

That's just annoying, but I don't know if the Kindle comes with one either, my only experience is with the sony.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
boxer
boxer began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Personally I prefer it this way. I'd rather select a cover from the huge selection available than pay for some included cover that I probably wouldn't like and would never use. No portable electronic device I've purchased recently has come with an included cover.
boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
I was not a happy camper when I opened my Nook packaging to find no slip case. Even a cheap plastic protector would have been adequate.

I felt that the cases and covers sold at the Nook Kiosk were far too expensive and pretentious for me. After shopping around I finally found a nice padded, affordable case at Walmart.

But in the meantime I some how acquired an ugly black stain of some sort on my Nook rear cover. No matter how hard I tried I could NOT remove it from the porous material. Whenever I thought it was gone, it would show up again two days later.

Therefore I ended up buying another back that is not as comfortable as the original white back that came on my Nook Wi-Fi. If the Nook had come with a slip case I might have been spared of the stain while using the Nook until I found a suitable cover to purchase.

That being said I must add that I do love my Nook. It is one of the best purchases I ever made.

Thanks for reading.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer View Post
Personally I prefer it this way. I'd rather select a cover from the huge selection available than pay for some included cover that I probably wouldn't like and would never use. No portable electronic device I've purchased recently has come with an included cover.
Really? My laptop/cell phone/Sony PRS-300, all came with slip covers included in the price.

Now instead of $150, the price jumps to $180, that's retarded.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Really? My laptop/cell phone/Sony PRS-300, all came with slip covers included in the price.

Now instead of $150, the price jumps to $180, that's retarded.
If a cover was included than you would be paying more than $150 anyway.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
morari
The Word-Eater
morari began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Almost all of the covers are over priced (especially from B&N themselves). Unfortunately, they're almost a necessity. A thin slip would have been easy to include with the product itself.
morari is offline   Reply With Quote