Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
edryan
edryan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Are e-ink screens interchangeable?

This might be beyond the scope of this forum, but here goes...

I cracked the display screen on my M92. The outer glass seems unharmed, but I've got the streaky lines that indicate a broken screen. I'd like to repair this, rather than buy a new one.

The Kindle DXG appears to have a Pearl screen with the same specifications as the M92. Does this mean they are the same part? If I get a used DXG screen off of Ebay, can I replace this part myself?

It looks like the DXG screen's part number is ED097OC4. What is the part number for the M92? Does anyone know?
edryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
fog9001
fog9001 began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92
I have a m92 with broken screen. I want to do the replacement myself, do you sell replacement screen to spain?

best regards
fog9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fog9001 View Post
I have a m92 with broken screen. I want to do the replacement myself, do you sell replacement screen to spain?

best regards

I would suggest you to let a maintenance office to do the replacement for you. Replacement of screens is a little bit tricky. It is not just exchanging of a broken part. There are also some adjustments in motherboard settings (like VCOM voltage) depending of screen batch etc.. It is also very easy to damage the PCB and some FFCs.

If you would do it yourself you would probably just save the shipping cost of your device to the maintenance office.

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #4
fog9001
fog9001 began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92
you are right, I'll send it to repair.

best regards
fog9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
nataliebeck
nataliebeck began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus Excel
Unfortunately I am having the same problem... I believe my screen is broken. I am a pretty techy person myself and I am confident that I could execute the repair. My question is where might I be able to purchase a replacement screen? (available in the United States?)

Would it be possible to find out the changes necessary if I used a Kindle DX screen?

Last edited by nataliebeck; 08-23-2013 at 10:48 PM.
nataliebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
nataliebeck
nataliebeck began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus Excel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I would suggest you to let a maintenance office to do the replacement for you. Replacement of screens is a little bit tricky. It is not just exchanging of a broken part. There are also some adjustments in motherboard settings (like VCOM voltage) depending of screen batch etc.. It is also very easy to damage the PCB and some FFCs.

If you would do it yourself you would probably just save the shipping cost of your device to the maintenance office.
--

If I found a screen somewhere, is it absolutely impossible to replace myself? What do the voltage adjustments involve? I am pretty technologically savvy... I am in the US and if screens are interchangeable, I think I can get a 9.7" screen (e.g., for Kindle) relatively affordably compared to sending the ereader abroad. Please let me know, thanks!
nataliebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
nataliebeck, change is difficult. There have contacts that will have to solder. This in itself is the sensor layer. Make it difficult to accurately. And yet - for each screen has a waveform, it is different from the books (and even - instances of the same series M92) is not compatible. You have encounter problems with the display of all 16 levels of gray. But you can change it if you will be sent the appropriate technical support for your book
p.s. name of screen mast be e-ink 9.7" PVI ED097OC4(LF) (1200x825)

nataliebeck, поменять сложно. Там есть контакты, которые придётся паять. Это сам сенсорный слой. Сделать это аккуратно сложно. И ещё - для каждого экрана есть свой waveform, он от разных книг (и даже - экземпляров одной серии М92) не совместим. У Вас возникнут проблемы с отображением всех 16 градаций серого. Но его можно сменить, если в техподдержке Вам вышлют подходящий для Вашей книги

Last edited by Kirith; 08-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote