Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
sebastianmichael
The Optimist
sebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to beholdsebastianmichael is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle; iPhone
Olympians in Literature

As the world's biggest sportsfest is coming to town, I wonder: which Olympians have made it into literature in any capacity, be it as protagonists, characters or incidental mentions?

There is Chariots of Fire, of course, about Eric Liddell and Harold Abrahams who competed at the 1924 Olympics in Paris, but as far as I can tell that story was made directly into a film, which then became a play; but it was never written as narrative fiction.

I can think of two, off the top of my head, but I believe I'm not allowed to mention them here, because they feature in my novel and there are harsh rules against self-promotion, quite understandably.

Do you know of any? (I suppose 'literature' may here, by very virtue of the fact that I'm 'counting' my own book, be defined quite loosely...)

Last edited by sebastianmichael; 07-13-2012 at 02:55 PM.
sebastianmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Jeffery Deaver's Garden of Beasts takes place in Berlin during the 1936 Olympics.
http://www.amazon.com/Garden-of-Beas...=AG56TWVU5XWC2
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert