Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #61
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Again, it's not that pink. It may appear pink because it's a lighter red than the bezel, but it's not really pink.

I'm also a bit offended by the idea that pink is an 'inferior' color because it's considered feminine. That irritates me on so many levels I can't even start.

Anyway, go have a look at one and if you don't like it, don't buy it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #62
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Again, it's not that pink. It may appear pink because it's a lighter red than the bezel, but it's not really pink.

I'm also a bit offended by the idea that pink is an 'inferior' color because it's considered feminine. That irritates me on so many levels I can't even start.

Anyway, go have a look at one and if you don't like it, don't buy it.
That's what matters. What it looks like, not what it's intended to be. Who said pink is an inferior color? I believe we all agree that pink is identified with femininity. What's negative about that? My 9 year old daughter used to love pink, now purple is her favorite color. When we go shopping and I show her something pink she frowns now. So what. I'm wearing a pink outfit now, but I don't want any pink gadgets.

Last edited by SCION; 10-13-2011 at 03:01 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #63
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Who said pink is an inferior color?
No one. However, I stand by my earlier statement that it is an ugly one.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #64
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, perhaps red and pink don't mix very well (I like both of the colors, but not together), but, according to the video, I think that "red" is not so red. I have to look at it in a shop, but I think it looks more like the "red" 650 (I think it would be red only for a color-blind person ) than the red 505.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #65
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Just got my red one in today and it is definitely red. The berzel part is just a different shade of red. It's not pinkish at all.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #66
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Just a quick note to say that I played with a black demo unit today @ Best Buy. Their lighting isn't exactly subdued, and I didn't find the (plastic) finish any worse than my black metal 650, if anything it's slightly less shiny.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #67
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
The type and direction of lighting affects the shine. Sometimes it is fine. It is worse when you have a concentrated light-source that can reflect, like a lamp behind your shoulder or the flexible light in the cover or sunlight.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #68
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Just a quick note to say that I played with a black demo unit today @ Best Buy. Their lighting isn't exactly subdued, and I didn't find the (plastic) finish any worse than my black metal 650, if anything it's slightly less shiny.

I checked it out as well. I have to disagree. Its defintely much more shiny than the 650. I put the 650 in an extreme lighting situation, it produces a soft fuzzy glare. You put the T1 in the same situation is very bright sharp glare. THAT SAID, after playing with it at Bestbuy the glare did not bother me one bit.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #69
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Just got my red one in today and it is definitely red. The berzel part is just a different shade of red. It's not pinkish at all.
I don't know what to believe. Some say it definitely looks pink, others say sometimes it looks pink. Now you're saying it doesn't look pinkish at all.
Oh well, I hope a local Best Buy will have one on display. I doubt it.

Wait, I'm reading your post again. You mention the bezel. What about the strip above the buttons? That's what people are referring to as pink/ish.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #70
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
The metal strip doesn't look pink to me, it looks like the lighter red of the 650, sort of. I'd have to compare them, but I think that it's that sort of red.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #71
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Let me ask it this way: In person, is there a noticeable difference to you between the "pink strip" and the "red (rectangular) unit frame"? Does the strip distractingly stand out?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #72
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Let me ask it this way: In person, is there a noticeable difference to you between the "pink strip" and the "red (rectangular) unit frame"? Does the strip distractingly stand out?
No, there's not a noticeable difference at all- I wouldn't call it pink either.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #73
SCION
Séduisant

Is this a good representation of the true color of the bezel and the strip above the buttons?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....rl=false&h=403

In this photo the strip doesn't look pink at all:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....View%201&h=403

In fact, it looks really attractive. I could work with it.

Last edited by SCION; 10-13-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #74
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

Those pictures remind me more of my "red" Sansa Clip, which I'd say is more magenta than fuschia.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #75
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Is this a good representation of the true color of the bezel and the strip above the buttons?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....rl=false&h=403

In this photo the strip doesn't look pink at all:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....View%201&h=403

In fact, it looks really attractive. I could work with it.
I wouldn't call the strip pink at all. I would call the colour of the T1 dark cherry. It's very attractive - in fact, I just bought one

I am loving it. Using dropbox to add books is awesome, and I really like the font choices that I have. I'll be using my 350 to keep in my purse on the go and using the T1 for home reading, at least for now. I still love them both. I need a cover for the T1, I haven't decided which one to get: Lighted, not lighted, should I look for 3rd party covers...
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote