Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
Evildad
Evildad began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko
Cover image aspect ratio for mobi

I found the screen in Calibre that let me "Preserve cover aspect ratio" when I convert to epub, but if I switch my output to mobi, that option disappears, and in the resulting file my cover stretches to accommodate the viewing screen. (I test the results in Calibre viewer) How can I make my mobi formats lock the aspect ratio of the cover? I'm using an imported jpg file.

I would think that since the epub already has the aspect ration set, converting THAT to mobi would solve the problem, but it doesn't. Shows what I know.

Thanks in advance.
Evildad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cant, the stretching in the case of the MOBI is a feature of the viewer. The MOBI format lacks anyway to control this, unlike the EPUB format.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Evildad

Well, rats. How do books used on the Kindle maintain the look of the original paper book?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildad View Post
Well, rats. How do books used on the Kindle maintain the look of the original paper book?
You might try using an external Image editor (Paint shop Pro, Gimp ...) to resize the image to the size of your screen (add borders to preserve aspect), so nothing else tries to 'stretch it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
Evildad

Thanks. A quick search says the Kindle ratio is 4:3, so I'll start from there.
Advert