Notices

View Poll Results: All Kindle owners
Is this your first DEDICATED e-book reader device? 74 37.95%
Did you sell your K1 and upgrade to K2? 9 4.62%
Did you keep your K1 and add K2? 30 15.38%
Do you own any other brand, and 'cross over'? 19 9.74%
I have a K1 and have no intention of buying the K2....its fine as is. 24 12.31%
I have a K1 and am waiting for reviews. 4 2.05%
I have a K1 and would love a K2 but its financially frivolous/impossible 5 2.56%
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I want to see the results! 30 15.38%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
All Kindle owners

Poll............forgot to click the appropriate box.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Poll............forgot to click the appropriate box.

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm sorry, did you have something to say, youngster??
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm sorry, did you have something to say, youngster??

pfffft ....
Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
pfffft ....
I just found your chocolate stash, and guess what?

No more choco!!

Gotta go, will look in later.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
GeoffC

Quote:
I just found your chocolate stash, and guess what?

No more choco!!

Gotta go, will look in later.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
zorgon
zorgon began at the beginning.

Device: none
This is my first dedicated ebook device. But, I have been reading ebooks on my desktop and laptop since the 90's.
zorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
This is my first dedicated ebook device. But, I have been reading ebooks on my desktop and laptop since the 90's.
Wait till you get a load of your new favorite toy.......
Old 02-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I see you changed the poll a bit! I have no intention of buying the K2 at this point. I'm waiting to see what the 3, or possibly even 4 come out with.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Yes, and Madame Z will change the title shortly.......
Old 02-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

This is better

Now all Kindle owners can participate. Let us know where you stand!

All comments welcome.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Actually, I'm giving Kindle 1 to my husband, and getting Kindle 2 for myself. I had ordered him a Kindle in November for Christmas, but since it was back ordered, the Kindle 2 was substituted. Since my husband is a real sweetie and he could see how envious I was that he was getting the Kindle 2, he told me that his Valentine's day present would be that I could have the Kindle 2 and he would take my Kindle 1.
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

I sold my Sony 505 to help pay for Kindle 2. I primarily use my e-book readers for documents and news, so the Kindle seemed like a nice improvement. The design improvements and other minor upgrades in Kindle 2 convinced me to make the switch. It should arrive sometime tomorrow.
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb View Post
Actually, I'm giving Kindle 1 to my husband, and getting Kindle 2 for myself. I had ordered him a Kindle in November for Christmas, but since it was back ordered, the Kindle 2 was substituted. Since my husband is a real sweetie and he could see how envious I was that he was getting the Kindle 2, he told me that his Valentine's day present would be that I could have the Kindle 2 and he would take my Kindle 1.
Ahhh, THAT one's a keeper. They guy, I mean. Both Kindles too, of course!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
After I win Alexander's drawing, this'll be my first Kindle. I mean the Kindle 2. When I get it, I mean. The Kindle 2.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote