Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Android Market working

An anonymous contributor added a procedure to the wiki, how to get Android market working. Thank you! (whoever you are)

It's really quite simple, tried it myself, so I can confirm, it works. Also installed an app through it and worked fine.

The calender app now opened, but as i do not use google calender, I can't tell if it syncs ok. Could anybody try and report back here?
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
whoever you are
It was me but I did it to late in the night (no time to register)... And it was not important (I give credit to the original tester/creator)

Anyway... Someone (after me) deleted the two notes about possible errors... The most important was:
You can only install applications to the internal memory and not to the external SD (assumed you know how to do it! )

EDIT:
The original error info is in the wiki, but in the wrong place... I will correct it!

EDIT2:
Done!

Last edited by j0534ng31; 12-29-2011 at 08:35 PM.
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

I left those two points at this place intentionally, as they apply to all apps (won't install), no matter which source, but never mind.
Thanks for posting!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
they apply to all apps (won't install), no matter which source
No, that's wrong...

I go to write the procedure to resize DATA by using the SD card... and how to install to that place "almost" any application...

Done! https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...g_applications

And about the Black-on-White menus and metamorph, now that you have plenty of space it is possible that metamorph can run... I will have to wait for my T1 to test it!

Last edited by j0534ng31; 12-30-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Link added
Old 12-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
vishcompany
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
No, that's wrong...
It's the experience of many people here, that some apps (also small ones) just won't install, no matter, which source they come from.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Maybe I did something wrong, but the Android Market search included in the ZIP-File didn't return many apps. Most of the important apps just weren't showing, although the search result count was 1.000+ ...

I made a new package, which you can download here: http://cme.at/android-market-prs-t1

It contains the newer Gingerbread-Market, which works fine for me. (Got it from XDA-Dev)

The only downside: It's twice the size of the froyo market.
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
j0534ng31
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany
It's the experience of many people here, that some apps (also small ones) just won't install, no matter, which source they come from.
Sorry, my english is not quite good...

I don't mean that you are wrong. As you say, you cannot do it using the standard method,... I mean that you can install to the Micro SD card by using the trick that I posted in the wiki

And, of course, I'm speaking about moving those applications that you could install into the internal memory (not those that refuse to be installed no matter where)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme
The Android Market search included in the ZIP-File didn't return many apps...
It contains the newer Gingerbread-Market, which works fine for me...
Thank you!

The market I posted would be the old european froyo version, so it's possible that your gingerbread version is better than mine...

Last edited by j0534ng31; 12-30-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
vishcompany
Addict

Quote:
Sorry, my english is not quite good...

I don't mean that you are wrong. As you say, you cannot do it using the standard method,... I mean that you can install to the Micro SD card by using the trick that I posted in the wiki

And, of course, I'm speaking about moving those applications that you could install into the internal memory (not those that refuse to be installed no matter where)
Yes, I think there is a little misunderstanding.
What I meant is, that there are apps, which just don't install,because they are not compatible, or whatever reason. (See also the wiki section "Apps not working".
Old 12-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
I mean that you can install to the Micro SD card by using the trick that I posted in the wiki
Thank you very much - Links2SD works perfectly fine. Finally unlimited app-space ...
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #10
S3raph
S3raph began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Certain apps not working can probably be fixed by replacing the ro.build.fingerprint with some android phone fingerprint in build.prop
S3raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
damaki
damaki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Directly installing the gingerbread market does not seems to work. Once I input my mail and password, nothing, I just get "loading". I'll try to install the froyo one firsthand.
[edit:]Forget that, I has just worked in the end.

Last edited by damaki; 12-30-2011 at 02:45 PM.
damaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:35 AM   #12
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
I got this error while trying to sign in google server: "Cannot establish a reliable data connection to the server."
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I got that error, too. Then I remembered you have to power off the device after the installations. Press and hold the power button to do so. Wait until it is off and then turn it on. Now the market works.
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #14
537h
537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough537h will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs-t1
Has anyone had much success with the Froyo market currently on the wiki? I installed it after I had to do a factory reset. All three or four of the apps that I had installed on the previously linked Market did not show in the search results. I had the old APK on my computer still so I reinstalled that and it worked fine. I didn't try the Gingerbread Market because it looked more graphically intensive. Does anyone know if you can have two Market versions installed simultaneously, in case I want to try it?

Also, if others have had the same problem with the Froyo Market currently on the wiki, would anyone be interested in reposting the old link?

While were at it, what do folks think about separating the GoogleServicesFramework and Market APK on the WiKi so they can be installed separately (and also directly from the device)? The Framework is going to be needed for other Google Account tied apps apart from the Market anyway.
537h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
vishcompany
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 537h View Post
While were at it, what do folks think about separating the GoogleServicesFramework and Market APK on the WiKi so they can be installed separately (and also directly from the device)? The Framework is going to be needed for other Google Account tied apps apart from the Market anyway.
Sounds useful to me.
I just saw your contributions, great input, thank you!