Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Scurzuzu
Scurzuzu doesn't litterScurzuzu doesn't litter

Device: Kindle / iPhone / iPad
Hello! Kindle reader from NYC

I've been a lurker for a while and decided to become a member now that I have a Kindle (just got it a few days ago).
Scurzuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Welcom to Mobileread !

You'll find plenty of Kindle users around here that can help you with your new device if you have any questions: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140

If you're into classics, I recommend installing the Feedbooks download guide: http://www.feedbooks.com/help/kindle
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome, welcome. I love my Kindle and I only wish I could read more often (and read faster) so that I could read more books (and thus get more books).

There are so many good books (public domain and creative commons copyright) available for free download thanks to the generosity of transcribers and formatters -- check out those that have been posted here in the MobileRead forums. Some publishers (Baen and Tor being the most visible) even give away some of their books in electronic format.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Scurzuzu and welcome to the Forum. BTW, you ought to recognize the location where my avatar picture was taken.

I used to think the world stopped at the Hudson River and, you know, I still do.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
welcome from a man without the slightest idea about readers.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurzuzu View Post
I've been a lurker for a while and decided to become a member now that I have a Kindle (just got it a few days ago).
...and welcome to MobileRead.

Your kindle (and a few other Readers) is a very popular model. You'll find quite a number of free, public domain titles here.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

How do you like your Kindle, now that you've had it for a few days?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions