Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #91
hughandcraig
hughandcraig began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You first need to go to the Apple Store web site and click the link to buy the firmware update from there (I can't see a way to get to it directly in iTunes, although the link on the web site opens iTunes). Once you've bought the update from the iTunes Store, you THEN do a "check for updates" on the Touch and it tells you that firmware 2.0 is available and offers it for download to you.

Buying the update worked fine for me this morning. It's downloaded (it's 222.6MB in size, according to iTunes), and the updater is currently in the process of backing up the contents of my Touch (which takes rather a long time for a "full" 32GB iPod Touch!)
I know this isn't an ipod touch forum but I can't find anywhere else on the web discussing this (the apple forums are down just now.)

HarryT - I updated mine this morning fine and everything working really fast but I have had to charge the battery twice - it is now only lasting about 2 hours. Do you have the same problem? I promise not to ask any other questions apart from Bookeen and ebooks!
hughandcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #92
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
You can access both the Fictionwise and the eReader bookshelves from within the ereader application so long as you use different login/password combos.

I've had problems downloading my ereader books from the Fictionwise account but had zero problems doing so with eReader.

Last night, while it took several hours and 5 attempts, I was able to purchase a book from the ereader.com site and then download it from within the ereader application - all from the iPhone.

I wasn't sure if the ereader.com site was just being hammered by traffic but it error'ed out 4 times in my attempts to make a purchase. It was super frustrating. I don't see it being a Kindle killer yet.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #93
tarmus
tarmus began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I keep getting an error on my iPhone, while trying to download books from my fictionwise bookshelf:

Download Error

An error occured while downloading. book ID ******. Please contact support@ereader.com

I sent an email to the address above, but have received no response since yesterday. Anyone else getting this error?
tarmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #94
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Probably related to this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:45 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughandcraig View Post
HarryT - I updated mine this morning fine and everything working really fast but I have had to charge the battery twice - it is now only lasting about 2 hours. Do you have the same problem? I promise not to ask any other questions apart from Bookeen and ebooks!
No, I haven't noticed any change in the battery life at all, so far. Watching video (my main use for the iPod Touch) I typically get about 4h from a battery charge.
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #96
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I did just successfully buy and download a book on the eReader site and then transfer it to my iPhone 3G. I did the transfer by getting on the iPhone, clicking the eReader icon. This takes you to the Bookshelf from which you click the plus sign (+) in the upper right corner. That took me straight to my eReader bookshelf and the book I'd just bought was there.

Cool
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #97
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There are now lots of screenshots of the iPhone using eReader on the web, but none that I could find posted here. I like Cartwright Reed's review ebooks on the iPhone, which includes side by side screenshots of the Kindle and the iPhone. Given the difference in device size though, I think I would read in landscape mode on the iPhone.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #98
mail4angel
mail4angel began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmus View Post
I keep getting an error on my iPhone, while trying to download books from my fictionwise bookshelf:

Download Error

An error occured while downloading. book ID ******. Please contact support@ereader.com

I sent an email to the address above, but have received no response since yesterday. Anyone else getting this error?
------------
I had this same error all weekend, and finally figured it out. There is a section on fictionwise where is says "update my profile" in a little box in the left column of the home page. Click on it, and there is a place to enter a credit card number for the "secure ereader key" which apparently you must do in order to download any books. They don't actually charge anything to your card and as soon as I entered my info and it was verified, I went to my iphone and was able to download the 2 books I purchased over the weekend without any problem. Hope this helps!
mail4angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #99
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4angel View Post
I went to my iphone and was able to download the 2 books I purchased over the weekend without any problem. Hope this helps!
I assume thought that you did specifically purchase the eReader format of the books?

In other words, I can't download books to the iPod eREader app that I purchased in the LIT format?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you purchase an eBook from Fictionwise, you cannot go back and then download it in a different format. You would have to repurchase LIT as eReader in order to get the eReader ediion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #101
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you purchase an eBook from Fictionwise, you cannot go back and then download it in a different format. You would have to repurchase LIT as eReader in order to get the eReader ediion.
That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. I wondered if because they now owned the eReader format they weren't making you re-buy the book if you already bought it in another format.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #102
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
True -- except for their non-DRM'd multi-format books.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #103
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. I wondered if because they now owned the eReader format they weren't making you re-buy the book if you already bought it in another format.

BOb
It seems that if they wanted to let you redownload a secure book in another format then they'd have to pay the publishers again.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 AM   #104
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
It seems that if they wanted to let you redownload a secure book in another format then they'd have to pay the publishers again.
That's absolutely correct. You have to pay separately for each secure format. With DRM-free "multi-format" books you can download in as many different formats as you wish for the one single payment.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #105
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
The app works great, I had to replace my beloved T|X and went with the iTouch. I was able to download multiformat books from Fictionwise and ebooks from eReader. The iTouch will be a backup reader, eInk is far, far better on my eyes but it's nice to have the option.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote