Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
dso371
Enthusiast
dso371 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen 3
CF card and internal memory: why not both recognized?

Hi all, I have just got my iLiad and installed a Sandisk CF card Extreme III. So far so good.

The only problem is that unlike the Cybook, it seems the card and the internal memory don't both show up on the PC at the same time! Am I missing something? It seems you have to set the Device Settings to choose the output to PC, and it has to be either the internal memory or the card, but not both.

How am I supposed to transfer files between the card and memory?

Please tell me I've missed something obvious!!

Thanks for your help.
dso371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You have not missed anything: one device at a time via USB on a PC.

Work arounds: use a CF reader on the PC or copy files to the PC disk in an intermediate step. I like to keep a copy on the PC anyway, so this has not been a big deal for me.

Also, you don't have to move ebooks into internal memory to read them. However, the books button does take you to one particular directory.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
dso371
Enthusiast
dso371 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen 3
Thanks

Thanks for confirming my fears. CRAZY! Cybook shows both internal mem. and SD card at the same time. What gives with these people? If it's not one silly thing it's another.

I've set the CF card for all my archives on the iLiad so I won't even bother with the internal memory.

One day someone - someone - will design something that does everything it should!!

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post

Work arounds: use a CF reader on the PC or copy files to the PC disk in an intermediate step. I like to keep a copy on the PC anyway, so this has not been a big deal for me.

Also, you don't have to move ebooks into internal memory to read them. However, the books button does take you to one particular directory.
dso371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post

i have put my books on a cf-card. and changed settings for the books button. however it still doesn't connect to the cf-card. it goes to the internal memory????
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia View Post
i have put my books on a cf-card. and changed settings for the books button. however it still doesn't connect to the cf-card. it goes to the internal memory????
forget this remark. i have changed all archives into cf-card. now it works fine.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert