Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Manage Title?

I have two questions with regards to Titles within calibre.
  1. When looking at the book list sorted on titles, the display simply ignores Articles of Speach (A, The, etc) but does not alter how the title is displayed (example: The Fly is sorted as "Fly, The" but displayed as "The Fly". Is there a way to have calibre both sort and display in Library fashion ("Fly, The")? Note that I'm not asking to change calibre's file structure, I'm just looking to get the sorting and display to match.
  2. If this cannot be done, I can use the Tweak for "strict_alphabetic". However I then have to manually resort all of the book titles. Is there an equivalent to a Manage Title function (similar to Manage Authors) which can be used to correct the entire database at once, rather than a per book manual process?
Thanks for considering my question.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
1) You can do this with a custom column made from other columns. The template would be {title_sort}. This workaround does not change the content of the Title column, making it clearly a workaround.

2) Change the tweak, select all books, press E to open bulk metadata edit, check the box at the bottom "Update title sort", and press OK.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you enter title in 'library' fashion in the first place then I think you will find that item 1) on your list is satisfied. However the problem I can see is that very few (if any) of the metadata sources return data in this format, so you would need to make sure you have told Calibre to not update the Title field when retrieving metadata.

To change existing entries to this format you can use Calibre's regex search/replace function within the bulk metadata edit function to copy Title_Sort to Title.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote