Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Find Non Standard Conversion Settings

Assumption : the settings used to create a format are stored in the database for the book in question, and by default those settings will be used if the book is reconverted to that format.

If my assumption is valid then my question is

How can I search for all books whose conversion settings do NOT match the current default conversion settings?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can restore settings to default via the bulk metadata edit dialog. There's no way to find books that have non-default settings, short of searching the sqlite db.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can restore settings to default via the bulk metadata edit dialog. There's no way to find books that have non-default settings, short of searching the sqlite db.
Thanks - I didn't really think there would be way to do it, but with Calibre one never knows what gems lurk in its corners

For a library of 3300+ books the conversion options table has 148 entries - each of which has a book id. I expected more, but...

Can I assume that these 148 books have book specific conversion settings?

Less than 50 books have not been converted to epub, either because they were published as epub or I can't get a satisfactory conversion.

So can I assume that the other 3100 books were converted using whatever the standard settings were at the time of conversion?

As time has past I have refined my conversion settings, so what was standard last year is not standard now. I guess this would not show up in the database because that table is limited to books which were converted using book specific settings.

I'll look at the 148 and decide if they really need book specific settings - which I doubt. Then I'll bulk convert everything on my current standard settings.

Thanks again - BR
Old 07-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, only books with entries in conversion_options can have saved conversion settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, only books with entries in conversion_options can have saved conversion settings.
more work for my favourite optional plugin - ImportList

BR
Advert