Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #151
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Works great thanks.
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #152
dmacdo1
dmacdo1 began at the beginning.

Device: K3 (Prospective KFHD 8.9)
THANK YOU!!

Alissa,
Found this thread in a search for kindle thumbnail viewer & WOW! You are brilliant! Thank you so very much for sharing this! It certainly makes life in my kindle folder a WHOLE LOT more pleasant!! I actually know what ebooks I have without opening the K for PC app.
I joined this forum just so I could say THANK YOU!!

Your work is MUCH appreciated!!!
Deb
dmacdo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #153
betelguese
Enthusiast
betelguese began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks Alissa! I just installed your program in Windows 8 Pro x64 and it works perfectly.
It would be cool to have something like this for EPUB files too. Does anyone know of any? Thanks
betelguese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #154
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Very nicely done. Working great on Win7 x64. Thanks for the source as well.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #155
Sternsam5
Sternsam5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD - Android Hack
Hi,

I just found your program and downloaded it to my Windows 8 x64 system. It seems to work quite well, showing a default image for those items that lack a cover image. thank you for coding this!!!
Sternsam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #156
deadman36g
deadman36g began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Works great. Could you please add AZW3 support by default?
deadman36g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #157
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman36g View Post
Works great. Could you please add AZW3 support by default?
I doubt that Alissa is still monitoring this thread or supporting this software. The last post here by Alissa was two yeas ago.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #158
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Well, I'm still alive and sometimes reading some topics on this board; but, yes, in much lower frequency. To be honest, I completely switched to Kobo after its official launch in Japan, and I'm not reading with Kindle anymore.

So, I don't know what is AZW3... Is it just an alternative suffix (file type) as in file.azw3 ? If so, it's easy to add a support for that file type.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #159
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool AZW3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
Well, I'm still alive and sometimes reading some topics on this board; but, yes, in much lower frequency. To be honest, I completely switched to Kobo after its official launch in Japan, and I'm not reading with Kindle anymore.

So, I don't know what is AZW3... Is it just an alternative suffix (file type) as in file.azw3 ? If so, it's easy to add a support for that file type.
Hi! Long time.

Might mobihandler also handle ePub then since you're a Kobo person now? To have a dialog with some folks who know just what makes up the differences between the Kindle file types you might consider asking for that info in the Calibre forum here on MobiRead.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #160
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
Yes it is (the suffix for a KF8-only book). In fact if you rename to .mobi or .azw your current MobiHandler displays the properties just fine.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #161
deadman36g
deadman36g began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Yes it is (the suffix for a KF8-only book). In fact if you rename to .mobi or .azw your current MobiHandler displays the properties just fine.
Yup, but azw3 support out of the box would be nice as well. I use CBX Shell for epub, cbr, and cbz thumbs but if this app added well that would be sweet as well
deadman36g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #162
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
Alissa: Is mobihandler-1-1-1271-setup.msi download still available. It doesn't seem to be on the Skydrive page linked.
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #163
Lagopus
Lagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with others

Device: kindle gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
I know I'm replying to an old request here, but someone might still be interested ...

Since MobiHandler already seems to handle azw3 files, you can get support for them by telling Windows to associate them with MobiHandler.

Note 1: I have not verified that all azw3 files are similar enough to .azw so MobiHandler can handle them. I have tested the procedure below and it worked with the .azw3 files I had, but there's a possibility that other .azw3 files have content that causes MobiHandler to crash.

Note 2: Registry editing is the kind of thing Microsoft tells regular computer users not to do. Be careful. The procedure below should be harmless, but if you "accidentally" hit the delete key at the wrong place you may ruin your Windows installation.

With that covered, here's what you do:
1) Start RegEdit. It's hidden somewhere in the menus - the easiest way on XP is to go Start -> Run -> "Regedit". Or type Regedit if you have Windows 7.

2) Locate the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.azw

Now there's (at least) three options, depending on what kindle-associated software you have on your computer from before:
a) The azw key has no subkeys. It has one value, with the name "(standard)" and the data "Amazon.Kindle.content". There is no key named HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.azw3
- In that case, create a key named .azw3. Make it identical to the .azw key - i.e. give the standard value the content "Amazon.Kindle.content"

b) There is a key named .azw3 already - but the value named "(standard)" is empty. There's (probably) subkeys to both the .azw and .azw3 keys (named things like "OpenWith" and "ShellEx".
- In that case, do almost like above: Give the standard value on the .azw3 key the same data as the standard value on the .azw key - i.e. "Amazon.Kindle.content". Don't touch the subkeys.

c) There is a key named .azw3 already, and the value named "(standard)" has data.
- In that case, you're on your own. Someone who knows their way around the registry can probably get it to work, but I can't give a simple recipe.
Lagopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #164
betelguese
Enthusiast
betelguese began at the beginning.

Device: none
I applied Alissa's program and it works great for mobi files. Does anyone know hot to extend this to epub and djvu files? It'd be nice to be able to see a cover image in the thumbnails for these file formats too.
betelguese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #165
CyborgArmGun
CyborgArmGun began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
So according to This page, Amazon Kindle for PC (K4PC) version 1.5 breaks MobihHandler?
CyborgArmGun is offline   Reply With Quote