Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Another Kindle Price drop....

Down to 109.99 now, LINK

If this helps anyone with there decision making
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
well, its not a price drop. its a refurbished unit
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Refurbished or not, still an awesome deal for those looking for Kindle
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
It's a drop for refurbs. They've been running $139.
They were running $218 just a few months ago so they've dropped 50% in less than 6 months.

The K3 must be real close.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
roebeet
Connoisseur
roebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 4 Basic, Kobo Aura
Even as a refurb, that's a great price.
roebeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
well, its not a price drop. its a refurbished unit
Ah! Now I get it. I thought that was just a terribly illogical comment (and incidentally, wrong). But you're a seller, bashing your competitor's deals. Good one!
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Ah! Now I get it. I thought that was just a terribly illogical comment (and incidentally, wrong). But you're a seller, bashing your competitor's deals. Good one!
not so much bashing as the title is very misleading.

In which at a $109, doesnt' exactly offer much in value in light of the latest REAL price drops.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
oksahmof2
oksahmof2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
It dropped in price cause I bought the one they had for $139.99!!!!!! ARRGHHH!!!!!!
oksahmof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
I agree that the title is misleading... Dulin's comment is not bashing anything.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:

Im afraid you've misjudge me. I dont do that. Its not wrong to point out that its the price of a refurbished unit and as someone else pointed out in the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Run. Do not open your wallet.

A Kindle 2 bound to the Spring network only is only useful as a replacement device.
Just before this one went up there was one for $139 and there is still a global refurb going for $169.

I was simply trying to say that the price of a refurbished/used unit is not indicative of a "price cut".
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
We're still not getting anywhere near the $49 Kindle, but I can see a slew of $99 eReaders in the near future.

Even having a Kindle myself already, I'm tempted at $109.
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
Mary McDonald
Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle app for pc
I came very close to buying a refurbished one. I'm still thinking on it.
Mary McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #13
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The site is now stating "Out of Stock" - these deals usually last under a day!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote