Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Vox usage post 'Google Play Update'...

Kobo Guys 'n Gals, you have made a MAJOR impact on this Vox user's experience with this latest and greatest.

Since having updated a couple of days ago, my usage of my Vox has returned to daily. I certainly was quite ignorant of what this tech could bring me in consumptive reading. Since I do not have a smart phone, I was completely unaware of such great apps as for instance; PULSE or TED that allow me to practically overdose on current news, topics of personal interest, and is a great counterpoint to when I finish a session with my books.

The fact that you also have speeded up my Vox by at least 100 percent as per pre-update is a large THANK YOU back at you folks. What good would have been what Google Play brings you, if it came at you with a snail's pace?!?

I was looking at another 7 inch full tablet, but now with such great pleasure from this update...have indefinitely put that purchase off. This update has saved me hundreds of dollars, that I can now put towards book purchases into the future.

I love the quality of the screen on the Vox, and that was a major factor in buying it in October/2011. The contrast, colours, and depth are truly appreciated now, that the Vox in 'tablet' mode can be enjoyed at full bore!

Thank's Kobo. I was frankly worried that I had made a purchase in error, for what I really expected from the Vox in first bringing it home...but this update has given me what I expected last October, out of the box.....

I.C.S. would be the icing on the cake! I hope that you Kobo developers can pull that off. Until then, I will enjoy my Vox, continue purchasing books from the Kobo ecosystem, and read, read...and read yet some more.

Edit: Regarding battery life...that has increased by about 30 percent between the need to charge over pre-update. I suppose that enhancing the software has given the Vox increased efficiency.

Happy Camper R.P.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 06-20-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote