Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Prefixes for Kindle Type

I thought at one time this forum had prefixes for the type of Kindle (e.g. Touch). If not, it seems that that would be a useful addition to the prefix functionality within the forum.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
I thought at one time this forum had prefixes for the type of Kindle (e.g. Touch). If not, it seems that that would be a useful addition to the prefix functionality within the forum.
agree: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156604

(you should use the feedback forum instead for such suggestions)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
I agree. I think the Kindle Touch needs it's own Prefix.
We have K1, K2, K3, K4, KT (K5) The KT is different from previous Kindles.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
MissileTech
MissileTech began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Not being a rocket scientist. Where is each prefix defined as it relates to each of the kindles? I bought what Amazon called Version 3, now on the Amazon website there appears to be one called Kindle Keyboard. I hate to assume that it is the Version 3. So, it would really be nice to know what is what. Nice also if Amazon quit changing names of the units.........
MissileTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissileTech View Post
Not being a rocket scientist. Where is each prefix defined as it relates to each of the kindles? I bought what Amazon called Version 3, now on the Amazon website there appears to be one called Kindle Keyboard. I hate to assume that it is the Version 3. So, it would really be nice to know what is what. Nice also if Amazon quit changing names of the units.........
K3 and Kindle Keyboard are the same device.

Amazon calls the K4 just Kindle so it can be confusing.

The KT or Kindle Touch is a given.

K1 and K2 are the old Kindles which some still use.

A Easy way to figure out what you have is by Firmware. Each Kindle has it's own version of Firmware. If you look on your K3 you will see the Firmware starts with the number 3 as on my Kindle (K4) it starts with a 4 and Kindle Touch starts with a 5 and Kindle Fire is 6 so I guess it could be called a K6.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert