Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #31
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
From what I've seen of other people amazon goes above what they have to in replacing defective kindles. you just got scammed, get over it
+1, this guy is delusional, and his constant references to Apple (which I find laughable since Apple tries to avoid even very legitimate warranty issues) screams TROLL to me. It's ridiculous you think that you deserve any service at all. It sucks, but Amazon has no obligation whatsoever to help you. This isn't a legitimate DX, not only is it a DEMO, it's also STOLEN, and it DOESN'T WORK.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #32
georgiworld
georgiworld began at the beginning.

Device: DX
If it doesn't say demo on the device, how would one know what it is.
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #33
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I would never pay $100+ at a flea market for a piece of used electronics that I couldn't check out thoroughly, especially something that gets tied to an account like Kindle. I might gamble a little, but for me (and a lot of other people) $100 is some serious cash to risk on something that doesn't even have a power cord.

Last edited by carld; 05-16-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #34
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiworld View Post
There are so many ways to answer that, but I think I better just
Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #35
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I cant believe you bought a device witout trying it out first...and at a flea market...you are naieve.

Amazon is under no obligation to help you, and with your attitude, nobody is obligated, or will probably really help you out.

Such is life, move on, you got scammed, no one to blame but yourself.
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #36
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
Quote:
It doesn't matter if it is a demo or not.

You bought a product from someone you didn't know, in a flea market, without even checking if it worked first and without having the means to contact the seller in case of problems. For all you know it may be stolen or the guy found it in a dump.

Let's say I steal a Sony television in a store, then sell it to you. You happen to have technical problems with it. You think Sony will take care of the problem? Really?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #37
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
Let's say I steal a Sony television in a store, then sell it to you. You happen to have technical problems with it. You think Sony will take care of the problem? Really?
Apparently Apple would
Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #38
oggelbe2007
Limited Warranty
oggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enough

Device: A sweet PRS-500, DXG
Quote:
They should stand behind the product that states Amazon Kindle.
The device makes no mention it is a demo unit.
I offered to pay them for a repair.

If this were an Apple product, I know I would be satisfied.

If it HAD been an Apple (Demo/Prototype/etc - not for sale) product, you might be arrested, charged with theft, and sued. Just ask that idiot at Gizmodo what kind of service he received from Apple after buying that iphone last year. Yeah, good luck with that.

Last edited by oggelbe2007; 05-17-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #39
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sounds to me like the guy from the flea market promised you it will be replaced by Amazon and you knew from the start it didn't work, but gambled on a replacement.

Well, it didn't work. Why should a company honor you or the flea market guy with a replacement. First their property aka this Kindle gets stolen and they loose its worth and then you ask them to throw a second one after the first???

You know what, I give a tipp. Go to a lawyer. Pay $200 for being told that you won't rip off any company in this world with this story. Maybe you believe it when you pay a fortune for a little common sense.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #40
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I am aghast that you would buy a stolen item, then have a public rant because the company that was ripped off will not help you out. You need to give yourself a serious sense check.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #41
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I am aghast that you would buy a stolen item, then have a public rant because the company that was ripped off will not help you out. You need to give yourself a serious sense check.
I agree that this guy is delusional, but, to be fair, he made it very clear in his op that it wasn't stolen.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #42
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I agree that this guy is delusional, but, to be fair, he made it very clear in his op that it wasn't stolen.
You are right , I misread that, though it amounts to the same thing - it just wasn't reported. I still can't see how it is Amazon's fault.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #43
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
You are right , I misread that, though it amounts to the same thing - it just wasn't reported. I still can't see how it is Amazon's fault.
Oh, I absolutely agree with you, just playing fair for the op
Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #44
Xqtftqx
Enthusiast
Xqtftqx doesn't litterXqtftqx doesn't litterXqtftqx doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G
If you don't like it ill gladly take it from you.... id love to research a demo unit.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #45
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
The one thing I agree with in this thread is that a "demo unit" (i.e., something that looks like the Real Deal but isn't) really probably should have demo seared into the casing to prevent this sort of thing. Not because it's Amazon's responsibility to do so or anything, but just because it could avoid confusion and genuine mistakes. Some stores sell "floor models" of things when the said things are out of stock and it would be a critical error to accidentally sell ANY kind of demo unit that didn't have full functionality but LOOKED like it did.

In other news, could The Shady Flea Market Guy not be reported to the police for fraud? Or was this clearly a "here is something that I will not name or describe but it LOOKS like a Kindle DX. Purchase at your own risk"?
Closed Thread