Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #16
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just did order from pocketgoods.de. I am too impatient to wait for local seller. I try to remember update here when it arrives in case info is useful for someone else.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #17
Kameli
Connoisseur

It arrived today 9:30 at morning. Good thing I was home.

So far it seems nice. If I understood right I should first charge it 12 hours with power off so I guess I will get more in it tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #18
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
It arrived today 9:30 at morning. Good thing I was home.

So far it seems nice. If I understood right I should first charge it 12 hours with power off so I guess I will get more in it tomorrow.
It should be fully charged by 6 or seven tonight. You don't need 12 hours for that.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #19
Kameli
Connoisseur

Is there english manual somewhere? All I got was german quickstart guide and some german books loaded in device.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Manual:
http://www.pocketbookreader.com/uplo...0_english_.pdf

Sample books in English:
http://www.pocketbookreader.com/uplo...in_English.rar

FBReader180:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865

Themes:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80518
(Take a look at FIVE and CLEANLOOK)

Controlling default reader apps:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149

English dictionaries:

http://bookfast.org/pocketbook/dicti...ers-dictionary

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/uplo...ctionaries.rar

That should get you going.

If you like Science Fiction/Fantasy, you might want to stop by:

http://www.baen.com/library/

...and:

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/

(Click on CD listing to get the catalog of goodies. And yes, these are legally free. Baen likes the promotion value and figure they'll get you to go to their Webscriptions bookstore. No geo-restrictions, no drm, good prices, great books.)

Have fun!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #21
Entropai
Entropai began at the beginning.

Hello Kameli

Have you already test driven your new reader? My reader fever is growing and would like to get more (hopefully positive) comments about the ones i've been considering.
Entropai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #22
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there english manual somewhere? All I got was german quickstart guide and some german books loaded in device.
MobileRead has tons of English books in epub. So have Feedbooks, munseys, Manybooks and of course Project Gutenberg (most releases exist in epub, too). Enjoy. If you like SF, try baen's free library. Online Novels or inkmesh for more up to date free books, too. There's no end to the free goodness coming in every day. Oh yes, and of course, there's Bookland. More free books than you could ever read. Really!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #23
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropai View Post
Hello Kameli

Have you already test driven your new reader? My reader fever is growing and would like to get more (hopefully positive) comments about the ones i've been considering.
I have tested it some. I like it a lot. So far it feels pretty much perfect for my use. I specially like those big wing buttons. After some testing I configured them both to do "next page". That way no matter on what corner I hold the reader it is easy to get next page.

Only problem I have found is that motion sensor doesn't really seem to work too well. It seems to occasionally totally fall asleep and orientation won't change no matter how I twist the device. Also I couldn't really get next page with motion sensor to work reliably. Honestly I never thought I would really use that for anything so it doesn't really matter to me.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:24 AM   #24
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I have tested it some. I like it a lot. So far it feels pretty much perfect for my use. I specially like those big wing buttons. After some testing I configured them both to do "next page". That way no matter on what corner I hold the reader it is easy to get next page.

Only problem I have found is that motion sensor doesn't really seem to work too well. It seems to occasionally totally fall asleep and orientation won't change no matter how I twist the device. Also I couldn't really get next page with motion sensor to work reliably. Honestly I never thought I would really use that for anything so it doesn't really matter to me.
I guess the g-sensor is not well calibrated. Please recalibrate it. If you are not going to use the g-sensor (I do not use it either), please be sure to deactivate it as this will prolong your battery time.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #25
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I guess the g-sensor is not well calibrated. Please recalibrate it. If you are not going to use the g-sensor (I do not use it either), please be sure to deactivate it as this will prolong your battery time.
I am currently playing with g-sensor and figuring if I want to use it or not.

I really love the battery life. I used to read with old palm and had to charge it pretty much daily. My pocketbook is still showing full charge after few days even with g-sensor on and with just locking keyboard instead of turning it totally off.