Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
.kepub - I've Done Something Wrong

For the life of me I can't figure out what I've done wrong! Earlier, I was having no problem with all of my sideloaded epubs showing up as .kepubs after transferring the books to my Aura HD with Calibre. But I've somehow tweaked the Kobo plugin such that now all of my books are only showing up as regular .epubs after transfer with Calibre.

Can someone point me in the right direction back to .kepubs?

ETA: I'm using Calibre 0.9.28, with the latest Kobo Touch plugin enabled.

Last edited by 93terp; 04-26-2013 at 10:57 PM.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did you invoke the pull down menu next to the device icon and configure the device (when plugged in) there? I didn't initially and had problems like this. Remember to exit calibre and go back in for this to take effect.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:40 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You need to the extended driver plugin installed. If it already is, make sure it is enabled and the main driver disabled. Then check that the configuration is correct.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You need to the extended driver plugin installed. If it already is, make sure it is enabled and the main driver disabled. Then check that the configuration is correct.
Thanks, I think that's the problem; will test & report back. But I thought I read somewhere (maybe in the Calibre section of MR) that the extended driver didn't yet work for the Aura HD?

ETA: That did the trick! Thanks davidfor!

Last edited by 93terp; 04-27-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Did you invoke the pull down menu next to the device icon and configure the device (when plugged in) there? I didn't initially and had problems like this. Remember to exit calibre and go back in for this to take effect.
Yep, did that for the Kobo Touch plugin...

Old 04-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
But I thought I read somewhere (maybe in the Calibre section of MR) that the extended driver didn't yet work for the Aura HD?
It "works", but there's some oddities that will take a while to work out as I don't have an Aura to test with. It's definitely not supported, and I'll probably mention that more than a few times every time I see something but I'm interested in any issues that aren't already identified in the device plugin thread over in the Calibre -> Plugins subforum.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote