Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Mobile MobileRead - a few issues I have on iPhone

I've a few issues viewing the Mobile MobileRead website on my iPhone (3GS):

When trying to give karma to someone, when I press the Karma button the Karma dialogue box comes up, but will not allow me to enter any comment in the box. It will allow me to give karma, as long as I don't comment on why. If I try to comment, the dialogue box just disappears
  • Subscription advices
    This is not so much for me, but the email advices received by people who subscribe to a thread I post to using the Mobile MobileRead site. The advice they get when I post contains a link to the Mobile MobileRead website, rather than the normal full website. This can come as a...surprise to them, or, as KennyC says, drive them "crazy".
  • Formatting of posts
    If I complete a post using the Mobile MobileRead website, and then Preview it, it removes all my paragraph spacing, leaving just a <RETURN> between paragraphs rather than the double<RETURN> I did at the end of the paragraph (i.e. there is no blank line between paragraphs). Likewise, if I've posted with said paragraph spacing, and then EDIT the post, the Mobile MobileRead site similarly presents me with my post with those <RETURN>s removed.

I'm not sure if I've successfully explained myself here, nor whether the issues I mention above are experienced by others with iPhones (yet alone other devices). Let me know if any of the above is not clear (and, of course, from other members, if you don't experience the above on your iPhone, or other device, when using the Mobile Mobileread website.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I can give karma from my blackberry with no problem. It actually takes me to a new screen that's only about karma.

I took away all my email subscriptions because they drove me crazy (long-ass never-ending email), so I don't know about the next one.

It also takes away my double return to give a new paragraph. It ticks me off that it does that, but it does that on another board upon which I post as well.

Oh, wait, I just realized that I use the normal mobile read website when I post on my blackberry. I haven't tried the mobile version, but I find mobile versions of other sites annoying much of the time.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should mention that the karma thing is only related to the full site. Karma-giving is not available on the Mobile site.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for this! I'm sure as more read on the mobile interface these issues may come up more frequently.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

I wrote:
Quote:
When trying to give karma to someone, when I press the Karma button the Karma dialogue box comes up, but will not allow me to enter any comment in the box. It will allow me to give karma, as long as I don't comment on why. If I try to comment, the dialogue box just disappears
I don't know if this one is solvable (I'm inclined to think it might be an indiosyncrasy only solvable by Apple), but I just recently had a thought and tried something. When you hold your finger on a link on the iPhone, it asks you if you want to open that link in a new page. If I do this on the karma button, instead of getting the hovering karma dialogue box that I get if I just tap the link - the box that disappears if I try to write text in the comments bit - I get the whole box as a new page, which works fine.

So, for me, solved for that one of the three.

Cheers,
Marc
Advert

Tags
editing, iphone, karma, mobile mobileread, subscription