Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
kgns
kgns began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Lightbulb E-Book Conversion Tool

I don't know if you guy's are aware but the IPhone / Touch has a book reader called Stanza. The developers have produced a PC tool that converts a whole lot of eBook types to others eg. LIT to HTML, Adobe, eReader, Word etc, etc
The best bit is it's free, so it's a great investment

Sorry if I'm repeating this

You can get it from here http://www.lexcycle.com/
kgns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°

Good one. You know, we have an integrated search engine here. Try it out with "Stanza"
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I've heard Stanza removes all formatting (italics, bold, pictures etc.) and apparently it was posed as a "feature". Is it still doing that?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
kgns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post

Good one. You know, we have an integrated search engine here. Try it out with "Stanza"
I tried the search feature but 3 trillion results so took the easy way out and posted it instead
Old 11-28-2008, 02:21 AM   #5
kgns

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
I've heard Stanza removes all formatting (italics, bold, pictures etc.) and apparently it was posed as a "feature". Is it still doing that?
I formatted a Word doc and all screwed and you can't read it, then save the doc as RTF and you could read it but no longer formatted eg. no bold, italic and tabs, but still readable
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 04:01 AM   #6
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish
tHeFiRsTiDioT began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v, Sony PRS 505, HTC Incredible, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Yes, I opened a pdf in stanza desktop and all the formatting is gone. In fact, even some paragraph breaks are gone.
Sheesh
tHeFiRsTiDioT is offline   Reply With Quote