Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
sdevaux
sdevaux began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 912
How to create widget for 90X/912

Hi,

Does anybody knows how to create a widget for the pocket book 90x series (I own a 912)? After long googling session I didn't find anything relevant on this subject. Does it mean I just have to rename my clock.app clock.wdg and put it in the appropriate directory (I assume /mnt/ext1/system/widgets is the good target)...

Best Regards.
sdevaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I know nothing about how to create a widget. Looking at calc.wdg and calc.app on the device shows them to be different in size, so I doubt you can just use an app for a widget. The widgets also aren't set to be executable in the filesystem, so I would guess that they are loaded into the main screen application and run inside there. They link against /ebrmain/lib/libwidget.so, which the regular apps don't do, so they are built in a different way. Finally, apps generally use the full screen, so I would guess they wouldn't work as widgets, even if they ran.

So, I would say that creating widgets is quite different from creating apps.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
912, pocketbook, widget