Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #46
read365
Enthusiast
read365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to behold

Device: pocketbook pro 902, Jetbook Color 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
@read365: It looks like you are missing the kernel header files on your system. In Ubuntu, you need to add a package called something like "linux-libc-dev". It's probably named something similar in debian.
already installed
Code:
$ dpkg -l | grep libc6
ii  libc6                                    2.13-21                               Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev                                2.13-21                               Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
ii  libc6-dev-i386                           2.13-21                               Embedded GNU C Library: 32-bit development libraries for AMD64
ii  libc6-i386                               2.13-21                               Embedded GNU C Library: 32-bit shared libraries for AMD64
and

Code:
$ dpkg -S ioctls.h
pbsdk: /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include/bits/ioctls.h
pbsdk: /usr/arm-linux/include/bits/ioctls.h
libc6-dev: /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/ioctls.h
linux-libc-dev: /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/asm/ioctls.h
pbsdk: /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include/asm/ioctls.h
linux-libc-dev: /usr/include/linux/suspend_ioctls.h
linux-headers-2.6.38-liquorix-20110422: /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-liquorix-20110422/include/linux/suspend_ioctls.h
pbsdk: /usr/arm-linux/include/asm/ioctls.h
linux-libc-dev: /usr/include/asm-generic/ioctls.h
linux-headers-2.6.38-liquorix-20110422: /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-liquorix-20110422/include/asm-generic/ioctls.h
linux-headers-2.6.38-liquorix-20110422: /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-liquorix-20110422/arch/x86/include/asm/ioctls.h
read365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #47
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Something is broken on your system then. It has nothing to do with the PocketBook SDK, because it is an existing system header file (/usr/include/bits/ioctl.h) that can't pull in the missing asm/ioctls.h file. Try building a simple native C program that includes <sys/ioctl.h> and see if that works. Maybe this is a 64/32 bit issue.

The cross-compiled versions work because the pbsdk package included asm/ioctls.h in the proper arm header directories.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #48
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
read365,

Try to add

"/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu" directory to include paths in /usr/local/pocketbook/common.mk:

Code:
ifeq ($(BUILD), emu)
INCLUDES += /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
(linux-libc-dev: /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/asm/ioctls.h)

Probably they've changed the default kernel include files path but the compiler knows nothing about that?

2. Another interesting question:

Why they (PocketBook) need to include the following system headers to incdemo.c?

#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <sys/mount.h>

I've removed them and everything was compiled fine. Probably these headers was from the historical purpose

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 10-04-2011 at 01:06 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #49
read365
Enthusiast
read365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to beholdread365 is a marvel to behold

Solve this problem

Thanks very much, sergeyvl12~!!

Link your linux source to /usr/src/linux directory
Code:
ex) sudo ln -s linux-header-x.x.x linux
And
cd /usr/include
sudo mv asm asm.bak
sudo mv asm-generic asm-generic.bak
sudo ln -fs ../src/linux/include/asm-generic .
sudo ln -fs ../src/linux/include/asm-generic asm
Source : http://linux-tipps.blogspot.com/2011...tlsh-asmb.html

2. install pakage g++-4.6-multilib, ia32-libs-dev, etc....

3. After Build, run program
but if you find error message "ELFCLASS64""Segmentation fault",

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/i...ngines-murrine download i386 pakage file
and extract, copy libmurrine.so file to
/usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libmurrine.so

now run program
Code:
$ export GTK_PATH=/usr/lib32/gtk-2.0; ./inkdemo
Thanks sergeyvl12~!!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #50
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to mix headers from a different kernel version with the libc headers in /usr/include. The former are for building kernel modules, and the latter for userland programs that link against glibc. If some of the system calls changed between the version of your custom kernel and the version glibc was built against, then you can get problems when those calls are made.

I had a lot of problems when I added a 32-bit building environment to my 64-bit Slackware system. I ended up just installing a 32-bit system under VirtualBox and doing my PBSDK builds there. It's a bit more hassle, but fewer headaches.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 AM   #51
read365
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm not sure it's a good idea to mix headers from a different kernel version with the libc headers in /usr/include. The former are for building kernel modules, and the latter for userland programs that link against glibc. If some of the system calls changed between the version of your custom kernel and the version glibc was built against, then you can get problems when those calls are made.

I had a lot of problems when I added a 32-bit building environment to my 64-bit Slackware system. I ended up just installing a 32-bit system under VirtualBox and doing my PBSDK builds there. It's a bit more hassle, but fewer headaches.
Thank your reply...

i'm using custom kernel. your advise is really helpful for me.

using VirtualBox, builds so slow and annoy to me
anyway thank you, rkomar
Old 10-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #52
rkomar
Wizard

You are welcome, and good luck developing new applications.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 AM   #53
alegeott
alegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it is

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603 (Leggo IBS)
Smile sdk - pocketbook pro 60x/90x

Hi guys
there is any version of SDK to compile applications on 2.1.2 RC2 firmware version?
I would compile a updated version of midori, with support to html5 and userscripts (greasemonkey, or similar type of scripts).
also, I would add lyric display to music player (like lyricshow and amarok).

Thank you!
alegeott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #54
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: prs 505, pocketbook 903, onyx boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegeott View Post
Hi guys
there is any version of SDK to compile applications on 2.1.2 RC2 firmware version?
I have no clue about c etc., just toying around - but the 'grays' app I just compiled actually runs on my pb with 2.1.2 rc2.

Not sure what this implies, though....
jbaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:05 AM   #55
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaach View Post
I have no clue about c etc., just toying around - but the 'grays' app I just compiled actually runs on my pb with 2.1.2 rc2.

Not sure what this implies, though....
The PB guys seem to be adding new functions over time, but not removing any that I've noticed. So, any program built on slightly older versions of the SDK should still work, since the newer libraries still have the older functions in them. If a slightly older SDK has everything you need to build a program, then use it and it will work fine on even the latest firmware versions.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #56
francus
francus began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Pro 912
truecrypt or freeOTFE

is available any application for encrypting volumes, such as truecrypt or freeOTFE?
if not, anyone willing to help me for a fee?
francus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #57
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
looks like a new version (but what firmware?) was released yesterday:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pock...SDK_Linux_1.1/
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #58
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
looks like a new version (but what firmware?) was released yesterday:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pock...SDK_Linux_1.1/
Thanks, paola! There seems to be lots of new stuff in the API concerning multitasking. None of the source examples have been updated from the last release, and there isn't any API documentation, so I'm not sure if any of the multitasking stuff is meant to be used in applications, or if it's just for desktop management programs. Still, it's nice to see that they are still actively improving the system and not hiding everything.

The multitasking stuff leads me to believe that this is for use with the latest firmware.

Last edited by rkomar; 11-12-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #59
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Thanks, paola! There seems to be lots of new stuff in the API concerning multitasking. None of the source examples have been updated from the last release, and there isn't any API documentation, so I'm not sure if any of the multitasking stuff is meant to be used in applications, or if it's just for desktop management programs. Still, it's nice to see that they are still actively improving the system and not hiding everything.

The multitasking stuff leads me to believe that this is for use with the latest firmware.
thanks rkomar for the explanation - yes, the multitasking I think appeared in 2.1.2, so it must be the latest sdk then. I wouldn't know even how to unzip it, but hope you techies will be able to do something with it
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #60
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by francus View Post
is available any application for encrypting volumes, such as truecrypt or freeOTFE?
if not, anyone willing to help me for a fee?
Hi Francus,
so what do you want to encrypt? your books? Certain books? I guess encrypting whole volumes is a bit of a difficult task (as there is no root access for developers) but I can think of developing such a tool for certain folders (very much like truecrypt but not on the root partition but just one folder).
But it might be helpful to have some more details regarding the application and maybe PM to discuss further details / needs.

Cheers,
review
review is offline   Reply With Quote