Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
NightWhistler
Developer of PageTurner
NightWhistler began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3, Asus Transformer Prime
Better late...

well, you know what I mean

My first post on this forum was a cry for help regarding my broken CyBook... I'd been around just reading for a while before that...

So, figured I'd do the right thing after all and properly introduce myself

I'm Alex, long-time Linux user and all-around geek... if you Google my nick you'll find me on a couple of places like Slashdot, etc... as any geek I love both books and my toys, but I'd never really gotten into reading e-books since the form-factor was never right... PDA and phone screens are too small, laptops are too heavy.

So... got the CyBook a while around, absolutely loved it up until the moment it broke... waiting to see how that turns out before I decide how I feel about it now... and more importantly: if I'm buying a second one for my wife

Well ehm... that's all that seems relevant here, come say hi if you'd like to know more
NightWhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi alex, thanks for the introduction ! welcome to the forum (even if you have been here a while. ). hm, a geek ? who likes reading ??? how novel ! (ar ar ar). a word of warning, i'm pretty sure you'll discover there is no point in trying rehab, it won't work.

i hope you get your cybook fixed soon and can enjoy a long and happy relationship with it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Alex, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome sticky note.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	32663to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Alex -- welcome to MobileRead. I hope that your original cry for help was successful in directing you to a resolution. We're very glad to have you here at MobileRead.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Hi NightWhistler, and welcome to MobileRead.

I hope you get you're CyBook repaired soon. It is easier to have two of the same type of eBook reader in the house. We have Sony a PRS-505 and PRS-700 so it is easy to share books.

"Zombie on rehab" should catch the attention of our own Dr. Drib, who seems to have a fascination with zombies!

WetDogEared
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hi Alex and welcome to MobileRead - once you are in there's no way out! Enjoy your stay
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Alex and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Alex!

I am so sorry about your reader. I know I would be devastated if something happened to mine. You definitely should buy a reader for your wife! It's important for couples to have things they like to do together and what better way to do that than over ereaders! Good luck with your Cybook.

Happy reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:18 AM   #9
NightWhistler
Developer of PageTurner
NightWhistler began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3, Asus Transformer Prime
Thanks everybody... I have been bitten hard enough by the e-book bug that I'm currently reading user FBReader on my eeePC...

It's one of the first models though, so the battery life is terrible.

As to getting an e-book reader for my wife: we'd already decided to get her a reader too, but depending on the service we'll decide whether it will be another CyBook, or one of the other available models...
NightWhistler is offline   Reply With Quote