Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Smile Folders?

Hi All...
I've had my K2 for about a week & have really started putting content on it... I was thinking there should really be a way the user can organize content/books to their own specifications (ie: author, genre, title, etc) as well as maybe a folder to store your complete books.
anyone else have any other suggestions?
I sent an email to CS...
maybe if we all get enough emails it they will give us an upgrade...
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
:-) Welcome to Mobileread, and best of luck to you in getting Amazon to put folders on the Kindle. You are by no means the only Kindle reader with that wish.

I notice you just finished _Alpha and Omega_ by Patricia Briggs. She's one of my favorite authors and I was wondering what you thought of the book.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrodrigues View Post
Hi All...
I've had my K2 for about a week & have really started putting content on it... I was thinking there should really be a way the user can organize content/books to their own specifications (ie: author, genre, title, etc) as well as maybe a folder to store your complete books.
anyone else have any other suggestions?
I sent an email to CS...
maybe if we all get enough emails it they will give us an upgrade...
I also wanted this feature and might find it in this thread. Hope someone can make suggestions or from Kindle to see this...
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have a kindle 1. I love it, but would have bought a kindle 2, if it only had user created folders!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I have a kindle 1. I love it, but would have bought a kindle 2, if it only had user created folders!
Me too! Now I am considering an Irex Iliad
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

I think this is one of the most popular requests in terms of Kindle functionality, and I'm really hoping they add it for the K3. I'm a huge believer in organization, and not having this drives me pretty crazy.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
It's a software feature so if they add it in a future version but don't put it in software updates for the K1 and K2, I'll be quite peeved. There is no reason they would need different hardware to do folders.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You may want to check this thread by DesertGrandma for some suggestions on how to manipulate ebook metadata using Calibre. She wanted to know how to keep books in a series together but the same principles will help you organize the content on your Kindle.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:28 AM   #9
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

great, thanks for the info!
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote