Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
What reader has most content available in Australia

I have Australian inlaws and my husband and I thought they might like e-readers, but I don't know what readers allow you to buy content easily in Australia. They aren't very tech-savvy and being able to buy something directlly from the reader like you can on the Nook or Kindle would be ideal, but I don't know if that's a possibility in Australia. Also, I think they'd prefer easy-to-read and visible-in-bright-light over color, so e-ink.

Thanks!
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
If I'm not mistaken, you can use Sony and it's ebooks online store worldwide.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
If I'm not mistaken, you can use Sony and it's ebooks online store worldwide.
Actually no unless something has changed in the last month that I missed then the Sony reader store is not officially available to Aussies only if we Fib and give a US address as home.

Kindles and Kobos both have in device purchasing and Accessible stores for Australians. Personally I'd still go for the Sony they're are pricey over here($179) so getting a US one is the most cost effective way to get one and they're a very nice device. Just one small lie when setting up your reader account will mean that you can easily access in devise purchasing in Aust.

Last edited by melmac; 03-15-2012 at 07:29 PM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
They all have the same content available. Geographic restrictions apply across all the e-book stores. So unless there is a publisher who only allows its books to be sold on website, and I know of none who do that, you will access to the same books regardless of e-reader device.

You cannot buy a Nook in Australia. They are only sold in the US. There is a way to get a Nook in Australia but you will not have access to BN store since it only sells to the US.

You can buy a Kindle and a Kobo in Australia. They both have good bookstores. Amazons is larger but you can buy EPubs from stores other then the Kobo store if you like. Actually, you can buy Mobi books from stores other then Amazon if you like.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 03-15-2012 at 02:00 PM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote