Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Gsullivanesq
Gsullivanesq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Mac Issues with Kobo Desktop Software?

I've been trying to set-up my new Kobo Touch for over a week. I've downloaded the Kobo Desktop Software. When I get to the second stage of the set-up, I'm prompted to enter my email address and password (for my Kobo account). When I try to enter my email address, the field shrinks to about a quarter of its size and I can't enter any text in the field - the same problem occurs with the password field. I've deleted and re-installed the Desktop Software EIGHT (!) times.

I've spoken with Kobo customer service a few times and they have concluded that it's an issue with my Mac and I should take it up with Apple. I've got a MacBook Pro and just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion).

Any thoughts?
Gsullivanesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I have a MacBook Pro using 10.7.2, and the Kobo Desktop software worked for me. Which is not to say that it _can't_ be something particular going on with your Mac, but it's certainly not all Macs.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #3
pjryan3
pjryan3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Ive been trying to set up my Kobo touch as well and cant get to step two because it will not recognize the device . Ive got an Imac with 10.5.8

When I check my system profiler the ereader does show as connected via the usb port
When I check disk utility, the device is there, but it cant verify it and the mount icon is disabled

Any words of wisdom

Last edited by pjryan3; 01-02-2012 at 03:05 AM.
pjryan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
I've deleted and re-installed the Desktop Software EIGHT (!) times.
There was a message posted recently (fall 2011) in the Kobo forum by a Kobo rep that had all the steps needed to ensure that all traces of the Kobo Application were removed before a reinstall was attempted. I do not have a reference to that message but here is a reference to a generic procedure for removing an application from a Mac.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Gsullivanesq: I don't know if you're still around, but try creating a new user on your Mac, installing the Desktop software fresh in that user account, and setting up from there. Does the email field still shrink when you try to enter your data?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo, mac, problem, setup