Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #16
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
You can get a decent Android phone on Virgin mobile - the Optimus V. It was originally $149 but they recently marked it up to ~$199. $25/mo gets you 300 minutes and unlimited data/text.

Boost mobile is getting an Android phone soon too (price still pending).

There's no need to have an expensive plan to have a decent Android smartphone unless you demand Verizon-quality wide coverage.

Coverage on Virgin/Boost is Sprint with no roaming - so it's no Verizon, but coverage is still good in cities, highways and such.

As far as tablets, it is impossible to beat the Nook Color as far as bang/buck, but if you don't want to root/flash/etc, the next best option is probably the Samsung Galaxy Tab wi-fi ($350).

I have a buddy who had the Pandigital Novel, it's not bad, but it's nowhere near as good as the NC. Frankly the cheap $100 ish tablets are not really worth the money IMO.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #17
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
I recommend COBY MID7015A for what you can get them for today is really cheap but what it can do is more than what you need. Tablets right now can be use to read update info from USA Today which I do, watch and listen to music or music videos which I do. You can pull down recipes if your a Chef in the kitchen which I feel I am! All sorts of things you can do with the tablet. You can doodle on it, draw images with your finger, play the piano all sorts of things. So much apps for it is being produce for all sorts of things. I can control my COX DVR and record shows just using my tablet. I can manage my networks system just using my tablet. I can go outside and sit in my car and do things where I could just bring a laptop or netbook. I can go out into the woods with my tablet where ever there is WiFi me and my tablet will be there.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
I recommend COBY MID7015A for what you can get them for today is really cheap but what it can do is more than what you need. Tablets right now can be use to read update info from USA Today which I do, watch and listen to music or music videos which I do. You can pull down recipes if your a Chef in the kitchen which I feel I am! All sorts of things you can do with the tablet. You can doodle on it, draw images with your finger, play the piano all sorts of things. So much apps for it is being produce for all sorts of things. I can control my COX DVR and record shows just using my tablet. I can manage my networks system just using my tablet. I can go outside and sit in my car and do things where I could just bring a laptop or netbook. I can go out into the woods with my tablet where ever there is WiFi me and my tablet will be there.
Nice summary --- but WiFi in the woods?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Yes in the woods my signal is very strong. Now not talking about deep woods! LOL!
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote