Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Fredrick Forsyth

It looks like October is going to be a good month for ebooks. Some older books that are coming to ebooks include The Odessa File and the Dogs of War, two of Frederick Forsyth's early best sellers.

Some of the older techno thrillers that I'm still looking for in ebook form include Larry Bond's early books (especially Red Phoenix, Vortex and Cauldron), James H Cobb's Amanda Garrett books (Choosers of the Slain, Sea Strike, etc...)

I would assume that the issue with both of this authors is a who has the ebook rights issue rather than the book not being in electronic format.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Actually it's a publisher issue.

Both of the Forsyth books you mentioned are available in the UK, but not in the US. Different regions, different publishers....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, I was talking about Bond and Cobb. Both Forsyth books were written well before PC's were all that common.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
It looks like October is going to be a good month for ebooks. Some older books that are coming to ebooks include The Odessa File and the Dogs of War, two of Frederick Forsyth's early best sellers.

Some of the older techno thrillers that I'm still looking for in ebook form include Larry Bond's early books (especially Red Phoenix, Vortex and Cauldron), James H Cobb's Amanda Garrett books (Choosers of the Slain, Sea Strike, etc...)

I would assume that the issue with both of this authors is a who has the ebook rights issue rather than the book not being in electronic format.

Thanks for the information. I have been waiting for "Red Phoenix" to be available as an ebook.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Thanks for the information. I have been waiting for "Red Phoenix" to be available as an ebook.
I didn't write that very clearly, I'm afraid. The Forsyth books come out in Oct. The Cobb and Bond books aren't out in ebook yet and I haven't seen any indication that they will anytime soon, thus they are books that I am looking for.
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Are you in the US? If so, Red Phoenix is in Kindle format at Amazon for $2.99 if you are willing to do the conversion.

Amazon

Also, The Day of the Jackal is coming there in September.

Now Red Phoenix is free.

Last edited by NightBird; 07-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

When I click on your link to Red Phoenix, it only shows dead tree editions and cd based audio editions. For the kindle, it has a "I would like read this book on the kindle" link. I don't see any kindle edition in the US. Day of the Jackal has been out in the US for about a year.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
When I click on your link to Red Phoenix, it only shows dead tree editions and cd based audio editions. For the kindle, it has a "I would like read this book on the kindle" link. I don't see any kindle edition in the US. Day of the Jackal has been out in the US for about a year.
Try this link.

No longer free, but still cheap.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Try this link.

No longer free, but still cheap.
Thanks for putting up the right link!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Most excellent! I see that just came out on July 15th. Maybe if I'm lucky, Caldron and Vortex will come out soon. I guess it just takes time for all the links to get updated inside the Amazon site. Thanks for the pointers, both of you.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
raychensmith
raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raychensmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I remember reading Day of the Jackal and being dazzled. Some of his other books aren't as spectacular and some I don't remember even finishing (I think it was the story was The Devil's Alternative).

Last edited by raychensmith; 08-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.
raychensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #12
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Most excellent! I see that just came out on July 15th. Maybe if I'm lucky, Caldron and Vortex will come out soon. I guess it just takes time for all the links to get updated inside the Amazon site. Thanks for the pointers, both of you.
Here ya go -

Vortex

Cauldron

$2.99 each.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #13
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Here ya go -

Vortex

Cauldron

$2.99 each.

Thanks!
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
NightBird
Wizard

Vortex is free now!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #15
NightBird
Wizard

Cauldron by Larry Bond is now available at Amazon for $2.99. Wait and maybe it will be free, too.