Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
CWPitcher
CWPitcher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Touch, iPhone
Kobo app v5.0, for iOS is now in Canadian app store

I just updated to v5.0 on the iPhone. The update says: Pulse is added, Annotations save to the cloud, Fix for bookmark syncing across devices, Performance enhancements.

Cheers
CWPitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Ham Cannon
Enthusiast
Ham Cannon doesn't litterHam Cannon doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony Reader 505, Kobo Touch, iPad 1, iPhone 4
Unless I'm missing something, bookmark syncing sure as heck isn't fixed. My iPad, iPhone, and Touch don't seem to be syncing with each other at all.
Ham Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Wow, that's great!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Is there a setting so that it doesn't download all my books to the App? I know I can move things on the Kobo website - but I want all my books on my Kobo, but want to be able to choose which ones are on my phone.
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
When for Android I wonder?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Cannon View Post
Unless I'm missing something, bookmark syncing sure as heck isn't fixed. My iPad, iPhone, and Touch don't seem to be syncing with each other at all.
That's odd... bookmark syncing should be working fine now. There were a few connectivity issues earlier today — that could've been affecting things. Is syncing still acting up for you?
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
Is there a setting so that it doesn't download all my books to the App? I know I can move things on the Kobo website - but I want all my books on my Kobo, but want to be able to choose which ones are on my phone.
Currently there isn't, though as a work-around you can tap on books while they're downloading to pause them, if you're concerned about using up storage.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
In the Android App, there is a menu item that lets you pause all downloads. You don't see it until a book has started downloading. The titles will download, but not the books. I haven't used the iOS app, but I'm betting you can do that as well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
keithmoonkin
keithmoonkin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Syncing does not seem to work between iOS and Kobo Desktop. I have no problem syncing between android on multiple devices (Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Gio).
keithmoonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This seems puzzling to me, why take it to IOS first when the Kobo Vox runs Android? I guess the Vox will get it soon.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, it makes sense to me on a couple of levels. Until very recently, the overwhelming majority of tablet users were using iOS--that is where the market was. The iOS team (led by Jim Dovey) is definitely the most experienced of all the app groups Kobo has. Additionally, the iOS app had a huge problem that started around the time Apple made in-app purchasing financially a loser, the iOS app wasn't syncing correctly.I am sure that Kobo through a whole lot of development time at the iOS app for both of these reasons.

My sense is that the Vox came to market a few weeks early because of market changes and that the Android team is playing catch-up. I suspect that having one team solve a problem and then adapting the solution to a different platform makes more sense then having a bunch of different teams working in parallel. At least now, as the Android team works its way forward, they will have the iOS lessons out there for them to learn from.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
The Terminator
Retired

Ok that makes sense now, I forgot about the IOS problems.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #13
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Has anyone actually seen Pulse yet? I haven't, but I'm reading a sideloaded book right now, so maybe Pulse only works with KoboBooks.com purchases?
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite

It's only kepub books.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
keithmoonkin
keithmoonkin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
iosv5.o does not show page numbers or page within the current chapter when tapping middle of screen. Very annoying as this is what i like about the Kobo.
keithmoonkin is offline   Reply With Quote