Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
2 KSO, 1 account

I cant seem to find anything relating to this so if it's right in front of me I apologize.

If you have 2 KSO on 1 Amazon account, can you take advantage of the offers twice? I tried looking at the terms of the offers and I didn't see any of them say 1 per account.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
No idea but it is an interesting question
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
finrind
finrind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Though generally it's not the case (=no such clause in term of use), I think they do write in the offers rules "limit 1 per account", not "1 per KSO", which means the answer to your question is: for the offers we've seen so far, no, and for future offers, probably too.
finrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by finrind View Post
Though generally it's not the case (=no such clause in term of use), I think they do write in the offers rules "limit 1 per account", not "1 per KSO", which means the answer to your question is: for the offers we've seen so far, no, and for future offers, probably too.
Really? I guess I missed it because as I stated in my OP I did look at the TOS on the individual offers. I didn't see a 1 per account rule.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

If I had to guess, I would think they would tie it to Serial Number rather than an account. I say this because if you tied it to one account, it would be possible for an owner of 1 kindle to utilize multiple accounts (via registering to multiple accounts) to get the offers. Likewise, Amazon must realize that there are often multiple Kindles on the same account and that people might complain if they have this SO Kindle and can't take advantage of the SO's.

Of course, we won't really know until someone tests it out.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #6
finrind
finrind began at the beginning.

Well, here is what their denim offer says at the end:
Quote:
Limit one per customer, one per device. Offer is non-transferable. Offer must be used for a single purchase. Terms and Conditions apply.
So, if it's one per customer and per device, then, I guess, they mean that you can't use the same KSO with 2 accounts and you can't use 2 KSO's with one account (if 1 account=1 customer for Amazon).
Hope, this helps.
finrind is offline   Reply With Quote