Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
musteman
Enthusiast
musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
LIGHT COVER FOR THE KINDLE DXG?????

I saw the light cover from Amazon for the new Kindle 3 and I would like to know if they will sell the same concept for the new Kindle DXG....

For me, its essential to have a light integrated with the cover and I prefer a design from Amazon in this case. Light covers from Sony are great and the new one from Amazon (using the battery from the device) looks very impressive and well design also. Why the don't have the same cover for the DXG?????

Thanks!
musteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
I'm not sure that this light works that well to begin with.
If you look at the pictures, you can see that the bottom left corner is quite dark.

Compared to, for instance, this, which seems to really light the whole page:

But I guess we can't trust just pictures.
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
musteman
Enthusiast
musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
At this moment im using the light cover from m edge for my irex dr800 and it works pretty well (the screen on this device is also quite big). The concept is very similar but i preffer the integration and the design of the new amazon light cover. Im just suprise they only have it for the 6" screen and not for the big one...
musteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
The Kindle 3 has a new twist on the hinge system: it now conducts electricity from Kindle's battery to the reading light. The Kindle 2 and DX both use the hinge system to attach covers, but their ports don't form an electrical connection. Maybe the next generation DX will incorporate it. The timing is weird, because the DXG is the second generation of the big screen Kindle, and it started shipping two months before the third generation 6" device is expected.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote