Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
So many readers.. So many forums...

I am not sure this is the correct place to put this post, but it was the closest I could find. Moderators, please move this post/thread if it belongs somewhere else.

In any case, I was just looking and there are quite a few device specific forums. An almost overwhelming number really. And there at least a few devices that are not even represented (Dr. Yi/Jetbook, Astek?). Just a thought (and admittedly I am a newbie in these forums) but perhaps we might want to look at consolidating some of the forums. Maybe consolidate based on the DRM formats used? I am not sure. Or maybe just have device specific forums for the devices that have a lot of traffic?

At the very least, it might be nice to have a miscellaneous forum for devices like the Jetbook...

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I think the arrangement makes sense (for now, until the market explodes with dedicated ebook readers, frabjous day), and aren't most of the devices you mention like the jetbook actually regular notebooks and not dedicated reader devices?

EDIT: nevermind, found them on the wiki
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JetBook > confusing because there is also a company making notebook under the same name.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Dr._Yi

< not affiliated with MR in any way.

I guess it'll make much more sense when you buy a dedicated reader and can skip straight to the forum you want

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-25-2008 at 11:12 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert